What Happens Next?

==Camila's POV==

"Geez they sure have been gone a long time,'' I say, scowling. "Those butt munches better be back soon." I say, crossing my arms.

"I know right! Mani and I need some milk duds asap," Dinah complains.

Suddenly we hear a knock on the bus door. Ally races up to get it.

"Geez, you two took for-" she opens the door to see two policemen at the step. "ever," she finishes.

"Are you the friends and family of Lauren Jauregui and Sadie Hernandez?" One of the officers asks Ally.

"Y-yes, what happened?" Ally asks, her voice shaking. I run over to her and hug her tight.

"I am so sorry, but Lauren and Sadie have been in a terrible accident," the officer says sadly.

"What kind of accident?" Dinah says, tears streaming down her face.

"When Lauren and Sadie were driving, they went through an intersection. A drunk driver totaled Sadie's side of the car. Sadie is in critical condition at the moment and is in surgery as we speak. Lauren is fine besides a concussion, cuts, and some bruises. You need to go to the hospital right now," the officer says. "We'll escort you."

Ally is in no condition to drive. None of us are, but Mani takes the lead and hurries us into Michelle's car. Ally is in hysterics and Dinah and I are complete shock. Sadie's fine. It's not gonna be bad. She's fine. She's okay. I start to shake and tears stream my face.

"Chancho, everything's gonna be okay. Sadie is the strongest person we know," Dinah says, hugging me tight, and squeezing Ally's hand.

Mani drives top speed behind the police car and we hop out fast, running into the ER.

"Please, we're here for Sadie Hernandez and Lauren Jauregui!" Mani pleads.

"Oh yes, Lauren is in the family waiting room in room 175," the lady says solemnly. "A doctor will notify you about Sadie's condition," she says, shaking her head.

She's going to be okay. She'll be there with Lauren and we'll go home and watch movies and eat junk food and cuddle.

We go to the room and I look at Lauren. Sadie isn't there. We make eye contact and what I see is not the confident, badass Lauren. What I see tears me apart. Her eyes are red, and she has stitches in her forehead, a few bruises are showing. I run to her and gather her up as she sobs into my neck.

"Are you okay Lauren?" Ally cries, taking her from me, and caressing her cheek.

"I-I kill your da-daughter and y-you're asking me if I-I'm fine?" Lauren chokes out.

"Sadie is not dead. She will not give up. Lauren Michelle Jauregui, you did not kill Sadie. She's alive and he doctors are going to take care of her. This was not your fault. What happened was terrible and we can only pray to God that she is going to be okay," Ally sobs.

"You don't understand," Lauren sobs.

"Ms. Hernandez?" A young doctor says from the doorway, clearing his throat. "I am here to tell you about Sadie's condition."

Ally straightens up and nods. I am not ready to hear what he has to say.

"Things aren't looking good," he says sadly. Ally, Lauren, and I burst into tears. Mani and Dinah cling to each other, sobbing.

"Sadie took a lot of impact. Right now she is undergoing two surgeries at once. Brain surgery, and another to fix her chest, which collapsed. She has two big lacerations on her torso, and her arm is broken. Her head took most of the damage, so what we expect after the surgery is a 15% survival rate within the next three weeks. Right now I'm saying, she will be in a coma. I don't know how long, but it's not looking good if she wakes up. The part of the brain that was affected is her memory. If she wakes up, she could lose her memory. Short or long term. If she wakes up, she might not be able to function properly. She could be paralyzed. These are just predictions, but from how I've been trained, Sadie will have a disability," he says solemnly.