Nightmares

==Sadie's POV==

---Nightmare---

It was dark and cramped. I was hiding again. There was shouting. This time from a lot of people. My dad's gang is here. I hold my breath as they pass by the trashcan I'm hiding behind. One of the guys in the gang pushes my dad against the trashcan jokingly. That was a bad idea.

When my dad was drunk, anything could trigger him. I watched him take out his switchblade and... I closed my eyes and he hurt the guy.

"Don't mess with me," my dad slurred, as the others members ran. He punched the trashcan and I whimpered. Crap.

He smiled and said, "Is someone hiding there? It's okay."

He waited a minute and I didn't come out.

"COME OUT NOW OR ELSE!" My dad screamed. I slowly crawled out.

"There you are," my dad stammered. I closed my eyes and waited for the slap. That's when the assault started. He was hurting me bad. Right when he pulled out the knife on me, I woke up.

---Ends---

I was sweaty and crying. I was in the fetal position on the couch, so I uncurled myself. I got up and tried to go to the first bunk where I think Lauren is. I don't care who, I just need someone.

I stumble and fall and I feel the darkness begin to suffocate me. I'm having a panic attack. I lean my back against the wall and draw my knees to my chest, letting out a shaky breath. My whole body is shaking and I feel my chest tighten up and I let out a pained whimper.

"P-please," I whisper, crying.

I suddenly feel someone's arms snake around me and cuddle me into them. I inhale and smell watermelon. Lolo. I cry into her chest and she hugs me tighter. With that motion, I instantly relax, melting into her arms. I let a few more shaky breaths as she goes through the steps with me.

"Inhale, hold your breath. And release," Lauren instructs. I finally calm down, and she picks me up as best as she in the dark. She takes me to her bunk and rolls me in so I'm between her and the bus wall. I instantly cuddle into her, feeling safe.

She softly begins to sing to me a song I don't know, but it's beautiful. She makes anything sound beautiful. I close my eyes and relax. I fall asleep from exhaustion.

======

I wake up cuddling tight into Lauren. I move over a little and she wakes up.

"Are you alright, monkey?" Lauren asks, moving some of my hair out of my face.

"I'm okay, I guess. That dream messed me up," I say.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Lolo asks. I shake my head and she smiles sadly, hugging me closer. She puts her chin on my head and rubs my arm.

"Everything is gonna be okay," she whispers.

After a few minutes like this, we both get up. I go into the miniature bathroom and look in the mirror. That does not look like me. My eyes and nose are red and my cheeks are flushed. I have bags under my eyes and I look pretty pale. I splash some water on my face and wipe off with a towel.

I go out to the living room and sit down next to Ally, leaning into her side. She looks at me worriedly and I hide my face in her side.

"Did you have a nightmare, baby?" Ally asks, concerned.

"Yeah, but it's okay. I know I'm safe. I just didn't get a lot of sleep," I say, shrugging.

Ally hugs me tight and we stay like that as the rest of the girls trickle out. Dinah turns on the TV as Mani hands me a bowl of cereal. The news is on and I watch it.

"Two young adults, Oscar Moreno and Madison Grieger, who were arrested five years ago for being in the drug cartel, injuring a woman, and child abuse were allowed bail yesterday afternoon. Officials say that the families of the two were set upon getting their family together again, and to find the couple's daughter, who was put into adoption agencies immediately after they were arrested."

I look intently at the screen, my mouth open, and my eyebrows creased. I can feel the girls' eyes on me, as I watch the screen.

Suddenly pictures of the people I hated the most were shown on screen. I shot my hand up to my mouth.

"The two were arrested again just this morning for breaking and entering an elderly couple's home. Their sentence is four years each. The prisoners' families have for now given up on bailing out the couple, but have now started their search for their granddaughter. Papers say she has been adopted, and if she is found, it is up to the child to decide. Austin out," the reporter concluded as the screen switched to a new story.

Tears were forming in my eyes and the girls instantly moved me.

"I-I can't b-believe I'm related to t-that," I say pointing at the screen where in the upper corner, their mugshots have appeared.

"C-can we stop?" I ask Ally.

Ally nods and goes up front to ask Tony, our bus driver to stop. He parks at Lincoln Park, and I get off without saying anything. I walk over to the swings and just close my eyes, letting the breeze hit my face. If my grandparents find me, I know what my choice will be. I know it'll be the right choice.

==Ally's POV==

I woke up this morning like usual. Early. Too early. I curl up on the couch, and eventually Sadie and Laur join me. I look at Sadie and instantly know she had a nightmare. She walks over to me and cuddles into me tight.

"Did you have a nightmare, baby?" I ask, concerned about her.

"Yeah, but it's okay. I know I'm safe. I just didn't get enough sleep," she says, hugging me tight. We stay like this until the rest of the girls filter out.

Mani makes us all breakfast and gives us a bowl as Dinah turns on the news. A story is up about two kids my age who were in some pretty bad stuff. Right when the reporter mentioned child abuse, I knew this was related to Sadie. It seemed too familiar.

I looked at Sadie and I knew right away that these two people were her parents. The reporter went on to say they had since again been arrested and that Sadie's grandparents were looking for her. If they found her, it would be Sadie's decision.

I look back at Sadie and she stutters, "I-I can't b-believe I'm related to t-that." We instantly hug her and she looks right at me.

"C-can we stop?" she asks me.

I go straight to Tony and ask if we can stop for a few. He pulls up to a park and Sadie immediately runs out. I watch her sprint to the swings and sit down with her head in her hands for a while.

Then she sits up and lets the wind blow in her face. She has been through so much and all I want is to take away the pain she feels.

It looks like she's made her decision if it comes between me and her grandparents. I know whatever choice she makes, I will love her forever.

(A/N this was an emotional chapter! oohhhh do you think her grandparents will find her? if so, who will she choose? Comment what you think and vote! Thank y'all for reading! Till next update, ladybugs! :) )