Meeting the Girls

I looked up as I descended the last stair and was met by the faces of the girls who saved my life. I was so shocked and happy I started to cry. Ally ran over to me and hugged me. She said, "Are you okay? Do you need anything honey?"

I smiled at her and said, "I'm great. These are happy tears," I laughed, "I'm such a huge harmonizer and it's just crazy that I am meeting the very girls that saved my life."

Lauren came over and took my hands and looked me in the eyes and said, "Baby you are so beautiful and we love you. Don't ever feel like you're alone because we will be here for you."

I hugged her tightly and said, "Thank you. I love you too."

"Demi sent us to pick you up. We were in the area, and we REALLY wanted to see you!" Camila practically shouted.

Dinah came up from behind me and picked up my suitcase.

"Dawg, how much you got in here?" She asked jokingly.

"Oh only two outfits and a few other pieces of clothing," I replied.

"WE ARE SO TAKING HER SHOPPING WHEN WE GET TO NEW YORK!" Camila exclaimed excitedly.

"No no it's okay trust me I'll wear some of the stuff in the wardrobe," I said.

"Hey, it's our treat. It's on us," Normani added, smiling.

"Wow thank you. This has to be the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me," I said back.

"Aww babe anything for you," Lauren replied.

As all of us exited the adoption canter, I looked back and smiled, grateful that I was finally out of that place for a while. We piled into the car and since there were only five seats, I sat on Camila's lap. We hit a bump in the road and I felt like I was going to fall off the seat, but Camila's arms wrapped protectively around me, securing me to her lap. She looked down at me and smiled.

"Didn't think I was gonna let you go did you?" she asked.

"Never doubted you for a second, Camila," I replied with a smile.

"You can call me Mila, or if you can come up with one I'd like to hear it," she said with a smirk.

"How about Cam Cam or maybe Camzi?" I asked shyly.

"Both of those are fine to me!" Camzi said with a toothy grin, her tounge poking out between her teeth.

We finally arrived the girls hotel and they quickly went up to their rooms to grab their bags and suitcases. They ran back down and jumped into the car. We were on a tight schedule and we had to get to the airport within thirty minutes to make the flight. We arrived within twenty minutes and rushed out of the car, through check in, and arrived at the gate with fifteen minutes to spare. I looked at the plane from the window and that's when my nervousness kicked in. 'No please not now! I can't have a panic attack now!' I yelled internally at myself. I felt someone's hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Normani smiling at me.

"Hey are doing okay? You don't look so good," she said with a smile.

"Yeah I'm okay just a bit nervous," I laughed. "I have never been on a plane before."

"That's okay," Normani said, "You can hold my hand, and I'll be right next to you the entire time."

The flight attendant called us to board and I took my bag in my hand and looked at Normani. She smiled at me and took my hand and squeezed it.

"Let's do this together," she said with a smile.

I smiled back and was filled with confidence that it was gonna be alright and we stepped onto the plane together.