Chapter Twenty-Seven

"I couldn't have gained you if I didn't have the courage to lose myself..."
___________________________________

"VISIT"

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Y/N! Wake up, you are late!" Namjoon banged the door hard. I'm wide awake. I woke up at the correct time. I'm just not in mood to deal with anyone right now.

"You can go Joon. I'm staying at home." My voice muffled through the sheets which packed me.

I heard him sigh, "Y/N, you have to go today. You can't stay here in your room forever. I excused you yesterday but I'm not doing that again."

I got out of my cozy bed, lazily making my way to the door and opening it. I know I look pathetic, but it's just my brother I'm facing.

"I said I don't want to see him." I was annoyed now.

"And yes, about that, I think you should actually listen to him once. He told me everything that happened that day and I trust him. Can you please hear him out, for me? Please?" He begged and I rolled my eyes.

"Joon, I think we already talked about that yesterday. You know I would love to believe whatever he says, but what I saw with my eyes..." I halted as lump formed in my throat, but there were no signs of tears in my eyes. I have already cried so much that my eyes are totally dried. I've cried all my heart out and now, I couldn't cry anymore.

"I know what you mean. And I understand you. But I'm still asking you to give him a chance because..." He trailed of in the end, as if trying to hide something. It was as if he was about to reveal something he shouldn't have revealed.

"Because...?" I asked him but only received his blank expression. He started to stare into spaces, trying to avoid my gaze.

"Get ready," He mumbled, "We are leaving in twenty." He turned around to leave but I grabbed his hand. "Answer me, Joon." I dragged him to still on my bed.

"Jimin asked me not to tell you about this." He pursed his lips.

"But I'm asking you to. You'll have to spill it out, sooner or later, so do that already." I crossed my arms as I sat next to Namjoon.

He took another sigh, "His condition is pathetic."

"What do you mean by 'pathetic'?"

"He has been behaving very strange. He would daydream in the class and would be lost when the boys have a conversation. It was just yesterday when we noticed him like that. His face was pale and the eye bags under his eyes were clearly seen. His eyes were swollen in the morning, as if he had cried all night." My eyes widened in concern. Did he really cry that much?

"We all became highly concerned when we saw him passing out in the middle of the corridor. Nurse told that he lacked sleep. It seemed as if... as if he had lost something very precious. And I know that precious for him is you, Y/N." I pursed my lips when I heard Joon. Do I really mean so much to him? But then why did he...?

"This is the reason why I want you to hear him. Because it hurt me when I saw him in that state. He is one of my best friends, and seeing him like that breaks me from inside. I beg you, Y/N, just once let him explain..." I saw Joon joining his hands as he begged, but I immediately pulled him into a hug when realization hit me. Continuous tears escaped my eyes when I processed those words in my mind. Just hearing his condition makes me cry. I too can't stay like this for long.