Chapter Eighteen

"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control..."

___________________________________

"LOCKED"

Y/N's P.O.V.

I was lost in Jimin's eyes, although not intended to do so. I think I was continuously attracted to him, which was not in my control.

His eyes on me started to make me feel butterflies in my stomach. I can't help but notice my heart flutter. It raced pathetically and my cheeks started to turn red. Heat started arising in my body. I wasn't even aware of what I was doing. I was cupping his red cheek, which I slapped a few moments ago. The lack of distance between us practically stopped my brain functioning.

All this time I could not even realise that a man can have such an effect on me.

That's it.

I have hidden my feelings a lot. This guy drives me crazy.

And he knows it.

Our very tensed moment got interrupted by an unexpected click, from the entrance of classroom. We broke the contact and snapped our heads in that direction. The door was closed.

"Wait..." Jimin stood up and ran to the door. He tried to open it, but failed to do so. "It's locked."

I gasped and reached for the door, continuously trying to open it, but every attempt was useless. I banged the door too, but there was no response.

"It won't work." Jimin said, staring in the blank, "It's already locked."

"Really?!" I groaned and sat against the door. And to my surprise, he sat next to me.

A few minutes passed by, with me resting my head on knees, and him leaning against the door.

"I'm sorry." I said, finally gaining the courage to speak up.

"You already said that." He placed his hand on his cheek.

"Ah... Not for that... It's for saying those things to you which hurt you. I'm sorry for calling you a playboy." I bit my lip and played with my fingers.

"Why are you sorry now?" He asked coldly.

"It's  because I know what I said was really wrong and moreover, I never meant to say that." I said.

"So you mean that you never meant those words?" He became curious.

"No. Never."

"What made you say that, then?"

He asked the only question for which I never found an answer. It made me question myself again and again, which only resulted in me reminding myself that I was a fool to say so.

"I... I-I'm just sorry..." I stuttered, not able to give him the answer he wanted.

He sighed, rubbing his exhausted eyes with his palms, and closing them back.

"Was it because of our blind date?" He asked.

"Maybe..." I stared at the floor.

"Why?"

"It's because your first impression was...quite bad?"

"And why is that?"

"Umm... That night, we were doing well but then you replied to my text that made me feel embarrassed and I had to run away and you know...but I swear those words meant nothing and I'm extremely sorry."