Chapter 84

"If I'd have known there was a beautiful girl waiting in my room, I might not have gone into the recording room when I got off stage" Danny said as he walked towards me.

"Oh, do you often have girls waiting for you back here?" I said with a giggle.

Danny laughed as he bent down and kissed me. "Why have a burger when you've got steak at home" he replied as he took off his sweaty t-shirt.

I subconsciously bit my bottom lip as I watched him, not realising I was doing it until he pointed it out to me. "I'm not a piece of meat for you to ogle you know" he laughed.

"You were the one taking about steak" I laughed as I threw a towel at him, knowing that his next stop would be the shower.

As Danny left to go and shower, I changed from the trousers I was wearing into a dress.  I curled my hair and retouched my make up.  Danny came back wearing a pair of black trousers but with no top on. "Is this a new look you're going for?" I asked

He laughed "Does it suit me?"

"Mmmhmm" I said as I walked over to him and ran my hand down his bare chest.

"Will you iron my shirt for me?" he laughed, holding up his crumpled shirt that was in his hand.

I laughed as I took it from him and set up the iron.  He stood behind me, his arms around my waist holding me close to him as I ironed the shirt.  "What would I do without you?" he asked as he kissed my neck.

"What would you do indeed" I said as I pulled his shirt from the ironing board and held it for him to put on.  He slipped his arms into the sleeves and I smoothed out the material as he turned and I started buttoning up the shirt.

"Isn't this supposed to go the other way round?" he said with a cheeky glint in his eye.

"Later.." I said with a wink.

His arms pulled me into his body again, my stomach was doing flips as I stared into my husband's eyes.

"So, I've got something for you" I suddenly blurted out.

"Oh really" Danny said, his voice laced with inuendo.

"Not like that" I laughed.  "I was going to wait until the end of the tour but you know what? These last few days have been amazing, to think that I came out here to see you because I really felt like I couldn't cope and since I've been here it's just really made me realise what's important in my life.  You and the kids are absolutely everything to me, so I don't want to play these silly games of lets give the kids a normal childhood because you know what? Danny O'Donoghue is their Dad and no amount of pretending that they're normal kids is going to change that.  You're going to tour, and I'm not going to be scared to take the kids out of school and get a tutor for them so that we can spend time with you because our kids have been so happy while they've been here.  Living their lives with both of their parents around doesn't stop them being normal. And I was thinking a lot about that proposal before you came away and I decided that I wanted to get you this" I said as I took the small box out of my handbag and handed it to him. "because I don't want to start over, I love the life we've created together, but I do want to acknowledge that my wedding vows mean as much to me now as they did on the day I made them."

Danny opened the box to reveal the platinum band, engraved inside with 'forever'.  "Kay, I don't know what to say" he said stunned as he looked at the eternity ring.

"I just needed you to know, that it always has been, and it always will be, you and me against the world" I told him as he bent down to kiss me.

"And tonight we celebrate" he said as he took the ring and placed it on his finger, smiling from ear to ear.