Chapter 44

Song-Distance-Jack and Jack

Aaron's POV

After the phone call with Taylor, everyone went home for the night. I was eager to go home to find out what happened.

Once I reached my house, I walked in and immediately went upstairs to Hazels room.

'Hazel?' I whispered, opening her bedroom door slowly, trying to not wake up our parents.

When I entered her room, it was almost pitch black and Hazel was laying on her bed, still in her clothes, fast asleep.

I quietly crept over to her. Yep, she was definitely asleep.

I picked her up in my arms and turned down her duvet, laying her on the mattress. I covered her with the duvet and walked over to her window, silently shutting the blinds.

I tip-toed out of her room and went into mine to go to sleep. I guess I'll find out what happened tomorrow.

-------------

I woke up and yawned. There were little beams of light coming in through my shutters.

I reluctantly got out of bed and took a quick shower. Then I changed into a Vans t-shirt and jeans. I also put on my navy Vans.

I decided I should go check on Hazel. I walked along the hallway and into Hazels room.

She was sitting on her bed, doing nothing, just staring ahead. She didn't even notice I came in.

'Uh, Hazel?' I said. She looked up at me. I walked over to her bed and sat down next to her.

'We got arrested and Cam had to be bailed out by his mom' she said quietly, reading my mind.

'Oh...Was..did..' I said, unable to think of a suitable question.

'It was scary as hell..' She said, staring at me.

'It's okay now though. Everything's okay' I said, trying to make her feel better.

She nodded.

'Yeah, I guess so. Cameron's mom was raging though'

'I can believe that' I said.

'I think I'm just going to stay in today' she said, lying back on her bed.

'Hazel, we only have 6 more days left! You have to make them the best' I said.

'Uggghhhh....effort' Hazel groaned, putting her pillow on top of her face.

Laughing, I pulled the pillow away.

'C'mon, let's go get breakfast somewhere' I said to her, causing her eyes to light up.

'Can we go get breakfast at Subway?' she asked, suddenly enthusiastic.

I nodded, laughing.

'Get the hell outta my way, I'm getting ready!' she said, jumping off her bed.

Jack J's POV

I can't believe Zoe might be selling her summer house for good. She's been trying to convince her parents not to, but I don't think it's working. She said her parents are saying it's just too expensive.

I'm trying to spend as much time with her as I can from now on. Now that we're together again, it's made the summer ten times better. I just can't bear leaving her for good.

Whenever we talk about her leaving, she always gets teary eyed, so I try not the bring it up. It kills me to see her upset.

Anyway, were still waiting to hear what happened with Cam, Hazel and Taylor. I think they got arrested. Jesus, dares can go far.

Suddenly, I got a text from Aaron. It read 'Hazel told me everything. All three of them got arrested and Cam had to be bailed out. They're all okay now tho. Btw, me and Hazel are going to Subway. U wanna come? You can bring Zoe, it's ok'.

Cam had to be bailed out. Well that's pretty shit. Poor guy, it was only a dare. He didn't even break into the car.

Subway, eh? Yeah, I'll go. I texted Aaron back and texted Zoe, inviting her. Then I got ready and picked up Zoe on the way.

We penny boarded to Subway to meet up with Hazel and Aaron.

Once we got a seat and all got our food, we started talking about last night.

'Was it scary?' Zoe asked Hazel. Hazel nodded, chewing on her sandwich.

'Really scary. I thought Cameron was going to go to jail' she said.

'Well he wouldn't have gone to jail. He didn't even break into the car' I said.

'Yeah I know. But I wasn't really thinking about logic when I was in the police station' Hazel said.

Cameron's POV

When I woke up, I was dreading the thought of my lecture with my parents. I was going to be killed.

I took my time getting out of bed and getting ready, but eventually, I had no other choice but to go downstairs and face my parents.

I walked into the kitchen to find my parents, both with coffee in their hands, whispering to eachother.

'Well Cameron. I think we need to talk' my dad said. Oh God. They owe me half an hour of my life.

'What the hell were you thinking?!' my dad roared. Well, he got straight into that, didn't he.

'I wasn't thinking' I said, trying to please my dad with my answers.

'That's right you weren't! Breaking into a car!' he yelled.

'Actually, I didn't break into it. I tried to' I said, correcting him. Ohhh I'm sassy af.

My dad's eyes widened. 'Don't be giving me sass Cameron!' he shouted.

'Your mother had to bail you out of jail! Seriously! I thought you were done with all of this shit!' my dad yelled, drops of coffee spilling out of his cup.

'I know, I know. It won't happen again' I sighed.

'Bullshit! You're going to keep on causing me and your mom stress, and you know it!' he screamed.

The arguement went on and on for what felt like years. I was sick of this. Sick of being giving out to. I used to get it 24/7. Can it just end now?

'Were leaving California early' my dad yelled, catching my attention again.

'What, when?' I asked.

'In two days. I'm sick of this Cameron' my dad complained.

Two days?! Is he actually kidding. We were meant to be here for another 7 days. Two!? What about Hazel and all my friends?! I'm going to miss the last days of the summer.

'That's not fair!' I yelled, like a 13 year old girl having her phone taken off her.

'Life isn't fair. You weren't fair to me and your mom, so now were not going to be fair with you, Cameron' my dad said.

I was so pissed off. Is he serious? I can't leave in two days. He's insane.