Chapter 29

Song-Riptide-Vance Joy

Cameron's POV

I looked down at Hazel. Her eyes were shut and she was snoring quietly. I looked at my phone and noticed it was 2:35am. Shit, does Hazels mom even know she's here?

Poor Hazel. She's been through a lot tonight. I know she doesn't want to go home. I should probably text her mom and tell her she's staying here. Will her mom even let her? God, I don't know. It's worth a shot.

I reached over for Hazels phone and unlocked it. She had 6 missed calls and 3 texts, all from her mom. I didn't read them, because that was her business.

I began typing and texted her mom 'I'm staying in Cameron's for the night'. I waited impatiently for a reply and finally got one.

'Please, Hazel, just come home' her mom texted.

Oh god, what do I say? What would Hazel say?

'I just need to be alone. I'll see you tomorrow' is what I texted her. I hope that was the right thing to say.

'Okay. Please come home as soon as you wake up though' her mom replied.

I sighed with relief.

I got up off the bed and picked up Hazel without waking her. I rolled down the duvet and laid her fragile body on the mattress, covering her with the duvet. She didn't even stir.

I walked to the other side of the bed and got in next to her and drifted to sleep.

I woke up the next morning and saw that Hazel had already left. It was 11:15 and she sent me a text saying 'I had to go home. Thanks for helping me. Ily 😘'.

I smiled and lay back down. I was still pretty tired.

Cierra's POV

I strolled down to the beach with Zoe, Jack J, Isabelle, Nash, Carter, Lucy, Abi, Hannah, Kian and Ava.

All of us had our surfboards in our hands. We found a spot on the sand large enough for all of us and set down our things. Honestly, I wasn't in the mood for surfing. I just wanted to go swimming.

So as everyone grabbed their surfboard and ran down to the sea, except for Kian and I.

'Are you not even going in?' I asked him, tying up my hair.

'I am, just not surfing. I was actually just waiting for you' he said, shyly.

I smiled at him.

'Oh okay. C'mon!' I yelled, grabbing his hand.

'Wait' he said.

I looked at him, confused.

He walked in front of me and said 'Wanna piggy-back?'.

I laughed and hopped on his back. We raced down to the sea and he dropped me in the water. Everyone had gone out far on their boards, so it was just the two of us swimming and messing in the water.

Eventually, everyone had left the water and we all went to get pizza.

I sat in between Ava and Zoe. We ordered our food and waited, most of us on our phones, the rest talking.

Just then, Ava whispered in my ear 'I think Kian likes you' she said winking.

She nudged me playfully and glanced over at Kian. he was running his fingers through is bleached blonde hair while staring at his phone.

'Do you like him back?' Ava whispered, eager to find out.

I shrugged. 'I don't really know, to be honest'. Nad I was being truthful. I really didn't know. He's attractive and cute and funny but I don't know if I actually like him in that way.

'Oh c'mon, that's complete bullshit' Ava said, a little too loud.

Kian looked up from his phone.

'What's bullshit?' he asked.

'Oh nothing' Ava said, smirking at me slightly.

Kian looked annoyed, but eventually lost interest.

Then our food came and that shut everyone up.

After food, everyone left to go home. I walked home with Jack J, because he was my neighbour. Jack was really funny, so I always liked walking home with him.

Suddenly Jack said 'You know, I kinda ship you and Kian' he said winking.

I looked at him.

'You ship it? You're such a fangirl' I laughed.

He smiled at me. 'I'm being honest. You and Kian look really cute together and he definitely likes you' he remarked, smirking.

I looked down, not really sure what to say back.

Just then, we approached my house and I ran inside, saying goodbye to Jack.

'Wait Cierra!' Jack shouted at me.

I turned around.

'Are you going to Ava's party tonight?' he asked.

'Uh, I think so' I replied.

'Okay, I'll probably see you there' Jack said, smiling.

'Okay' I said, smiling back. He walked away as I closed the door.

Hazel's POV

After having to suffer through my moms talk about the divorce and everything, I went upstairs to my room. I still can't get it through my head that they're not together anymore.

My mom was telling me all about her boyfriend though, the guy that she cheated on dad with. And believe me, that was the last thing I wanted to hear about. She talked about him like he was famous. She told me his name was Micheal and that he had a son around my age. I didn't really care. The rest of the conversation is all a blur because I tried to block my mom out while she was blabbing on and on.

I plugged in my earphones and started to listen to TRXYE. Then I remembered something. There was a party at Ava's party tonight. It's kind of a party for her recovery from the accident. I wasn't sure if I was even going to go.

********************

Short chapter, sorry! It's a filler, I promise it'll get good 😊