Chapter 5

I woke up startled, unsure of where I was. I looked next to me and there was Isabelle, snoring quietly. I looked next to Isabelle and Nash was there, snoring way louder than Izzie.

The three of us were on a mattress in Nash's living room. I yawned and sat up. I had an aching headache and I felt like I was going to be sick. I couldn't even remember half of what happened last night.

I shook Isabelle by her shoulder and she jolted up.

'What?' she asked, stretching.

'Umm....what happened..last night?' I asked.

'Oh, you got drunk, so I texted your parents off your phone, telling them you were staying at mine and Nash and I brought you here'

'Oh' was all I could say.

'Honestly Hazel, you are hilarious when you're drunk!' she said.

Nash got up and him and Isabelle told me everything about last night. Then Nash disappeared and came back with a glass of water and painkillers for me.

I thanked him and took the painkillers. Then Skylnn came in, bouncing around. God, she's so cute.

'Nash, will you play horsies with me?' she asked in her cute little voice.

'Later Sky, I promise' he said, wrapping his finger around hers. She smiled and ran back into the kitchen where Elizabeth was making breakfast for us.

'Aw, I wish I had a little sister. Or any siblings. I hate being an only child' I whined.

'All I have is an older brother, and believe me, Luke is the biggest pain in the ass. He literally won't let me do anything when my parents are gone' Izzie moaned.

Nash shrugged. He obviously didn't want to talk about Izzies brother. That's what started the drama last year. and besides, everything's okay with them now.

After breakfast with the Grier's, I went home. I took a long shower and got into a blue and white bikini and put a black crop top and light denim shorts on and put on my high top cream converse.

I got my surfboard and strolled down to the beach. It wasn't empty, but there wasn't as much people as usual.

I put my hair into a high ponytail and stripped off my shorts and top, leaving me in my bikini. I ran into the water and got on my surfboard. I love surfing. it gives my time to relax. The waves were pretty big and I was having a lot of fun just surfing by myself. Once I got back to shore, I saw Carter, taylor, Cameron, Abi and Zoe walk towards me with their surfboards.

I ran up to Cam and kissed him. He wrapped his arm around me. Don't worry, I still remember Cameron asking me out 😉.

Abi clenched her fists and ran straight into the sea, followed by Zoe and Taylor. I have a feeling that Abi does not like the idea of me and Cam, but who cares. She never really liked me anyway.

Cam said he was going surfing and asked if I was coming. 'Nah, I'm good. Too much surfing for one day' I replied smiling at him. He pouted but went with the others in the sea anyway.

'Hi' a voice said.

Shit, I forgot Carter was still here. 'Hey' I said.

'So, what's happening tonight?' he asked. To be honest, everyone asks that every day.

'Um, I'm not sure. Maybe mine tonight. I think my parents are going out with Zoe's parents for dinner'. I said, cooly.

'Okay' he said, unimpressed. He just walked away. Nasty ass dragon.

On my way back to my house, I texted Cierra, telling her to come over. I haven't seen her since my sober times last night.

Cierra's one of my best friends, I had to tell her that Cam asked me out.

She arrived moments later and we sat down and talked about everything really. I loved talking to her, she always knows what to say. I told her about my plans for tonight and she agreed that it was a good idea.

Later that night, we were sitting in my garden. There was me, Izzie, Nash, Cam, Abi, Carter, Lucy, Zoe,Abi, Katie, Gillinsky, Johnson, Sarah, Hannah and Matt.

Cam and Matt went inside to get food and drink, and trust me, they'll be about an hour with the amount of food they'll get.

Suddenly, I felt a person behind me, and when I say behind, literally mean spooning me. I turned around to see Carter acting all calm. You know, just casually spoon one of your best friends that you've known all your life, no biggie. But then I realised that he IS one of my best friends. He isn't doing this in a flirty way. That kind of stuff happens with my friends and I. My friends and I are so close.

Carter wrapped his strong arms around me protectively. I have to admit, I was cold and this was kinda helping with that situation.

Just then Carter whispered in my ear 'Come with me'. He obviously just wanted to tell me something. He always does this, tells people that he wants to talk to them privately.

I stood up and followed him to the other end of the garden. I looked up at him. 'Well?' I said.

Suddenly he kissed me. No joke, he tried to shove his tongue down my throat. I pushed him off me, irritated and creeped out.

'What, don't you want to kiss me?' he asked quietly, pulling me closer to him. I tried to push him off me, but he was too strong.

'Carter, no, stop' I said, trying to stay calm. He's never acted like this before. It's starting to scare me. He had his strong arms wrapped around me, and I struggled to get him off me.

'I get what I want' he spat. He grabbed my face with his hand and pulled my face so I was looking him straight in the eyes. He was really hurting me.

Then I heard a voice saying 'Get off her, you asshole!' I turned to see Nash. My real friend, who would never lay a finger on me.

Nash ran up to Carter and punched him straight in the jaw. Nash grabbed my wrist and took me to the side of my house, away from him, away from everyone else.

I was panting. Nash looked at me, with anger in his eyes. Just then, he pulled me into a hug and his face softened.

'It's okay' he whispered. I just realised there were tears rolling down my face. I tried to speak but nothing came out. Nash held me close and kept whispering, but I couldn't make out what he said. I just cried and cried. I swear, I'm done with Carter Reynolds.

***************

Thanks for reading chapter 5! Tell me what you think!

Follow me on twitter @rionomahony