Chapter 32

(A/N Before you read, i'd really appreciate it if you guys checked out my best friends fan fic. It's a Hayes Grier one and it's called Magcon fan fiction - Waves and her username is MrsCash. Please check it out, it's actually one of my favourites, it's reeeeaally good. Thanks 😊😉)

Song-The 1975-Chocolate

Cameron's POV

I woke up with a headache and I felt a body next to me. Hazel was lying next to me and on the other side of her was Carter. I didn't drink that much, so I remembered what happened last night.

The house sounded silent so I got up and walked downstairs, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

The sunshine was coming through the shutters and onto the floor of the messy living room. They're were red solo cups lying everywhere and other things aswell.

I heard noises from the kitchen, so I entered slowly to investigate.

Taylor and Ava were in the surprising clean kitchen, throwing cups into black garbage bags.

'Hey guys, want some help?' I offered.

Taylor shook his head and said 'Nah, we're good. Thanks though'. I smiled and then exited the room, leaving them to tidy up.

I heard footsteps coming down the staircase and looked up to find Carter, messing up his hair.

'Um, Carter?' I said. He looked up and nodded.

'I just want to say thank you, y'know, for helping Hazel last night. It's good to know that someone will take care of her when I'm not there' I said.

He smiled at me. 'It's okay, anytime'.

He strolled past me and into the kitchen. I think this was my cue to leave. I headed back upstairs to get Hazel, but noticed she wasn't in the bed. I looked in the bathroom and there she was, both her hands on either side of the sink, head down.

'I feel like shit...' she muttered. I came over to her and wrapped my arms around her waist.

'C'mon, I'm taking you home' I said, picking her up.

She giggled and slapped my hands, making me put her down. She grabbed her shoes from the end of the bed and followed me downstairs.

Before we left, I went into the kitchen and thanked them for the party and told them we were leaving.

When we got outside, I realised Hazel only had heels, so I gave her a piggy-back all the way down to her house.

She entered her house, leaving me to walk down to mine.

Hazel's POV

I feel like utter shit, and I probably look it too. I closed the door and quietly tip-toed upstairs to my bedroom. Once I was safely inside my room, I got changed into yoga pants and a tank top and did my make up so I didn't look like I actually had a hangover. I tied my hair up into a high-ponytail and plugged my phone into its charger.

I lay down on my comfy bed and was asleep in minutes.

---------

I woke up at approximately 2pm and yawned, stretching my arms out. I got out of bed and felt extremely hungry so I made my way downstairs.

When I got downstairs, I noticed someone was sitting on my sofa. He looked about my age and had dark brown hair in quiff. His teeth were really straight and there wasn't a pimple on his face. He was fair skinned and brown/Hazel eyes.

I cleared my throat and once he noticed me, he stood up awkwardly. Who was this kid?

'Uh hi?' I said, curious about who he was.

'Um..Hi' he said, clearly embarrassed.

'Who...who are you?' I asked, impatient.

'Oh, I'm Aaron. Aaron Carpenter. I'm your moms boyfriends son' the dark haired boy said.

'My moms boyfriends son?' I repeated.

He nodded, looking down at the floor.

'What are you doing in my house?' I asked, folding my arms.

'Your mom and my dad went out and your mom said I could wait here for you and that we could maybe hang out' he said sheepishly.

'Hazel, right?' he asked.

'Yeah, I'm Hazel. I guess we could hang out. Wait here, I'm going to get changed' I said.

'But you looked great' he said, blushing. I looked at him, one eyebrow raised. I have a hangover, my make ups all over the place, I'm wearing my lazy day clothes and my hair is a mess. Do you think I actually think I look great.

I ignored him, heading back upstairs. If this kid is a manwhore, I'm going to freak.

I re did my makeup and hair after having probably the quickest shower of my life. I changed into a Hollister loose top, light denim shorts and high top cream converse. I grabbed my phone and money and went back downstairs to Aaron.

He sat there patiently in the sofa, scrolling through his phone. I'm not sure what to think of him. I guess after today, I'll have a better opinion.

He smiled at me when I joined him in the living room and we left the house, walking in the direction to Taco bell, which we agreed we were going to eat at. I was starving anyway.

'So Aaron, what age are you?' I asked him.

'I'm 17' he said shyly. (a/n yes, I know that's not Aaron's real age, but this is fiction)

'Oh, me too' I said. Wow, this is awkward as hell.

'So, where are you from?' I asked him.

'Im from New York. My dad and my mom split up about 3 years ago and our parents met in New York. It was your moms idea for me and my dad to come down for the rest of the summer here in California' he explained.

'Wait, you guys are staying here for the whole summer?' I asked, surprised.

Aaron nodded then looked away.

Woah, my mom must really like Aaron's dad.

'Sorry if it's..um...awkward for you or anything' Aaron said.

I shook my head, not wanting him to feel bad. He seemed pretty sweet.

'It's fine' I said, continuing to stare ahead. I can't believe my mom had moved on so fast. I guess Aaron's dad is the whole reason they split up, so why not move quickly. I don't want my dad replaced this easily though. Aaron's dad Micheal will never be my new dad. Never. And Aaron will never be my brother.

We arrived at Taco Bell and sat down. I think I'm going to try be Aaron's friend. He seems like a nice guy. We ordered our food and waited.

'So, any girlfriend?' I asked him, winking. He stared at me, shocked. I finally got why he looked so odd when I asked him.

'I'm not flirting with you!' I said. He sighed with relief and laughed slightly. I laughed with him and then he answered.

'Nope' he said plainly. 'What about you?' he asked.

'Yeah. His names Cameron. You guys can meet tonight' I replied. He nodded and said 'Yeah, that'll be cool'.

We got our food and sat down.

************

Reeeeeally short chapter, sorry. I'm gonna update as soon as I can though. 😊