Chapter 23 - Goodbye

Madalyn's P.O.V.

As me and the Transformers celebrated our victory against Megatron, the city block slowly made its decent back down to the surface below, falling right back into its original spot in the downtown area of Toronto. Not too far away, my friends were waiting for us. I called out to them as I bolted in their direction.

Madalyn: Guys!

Najat: There she is!

Emanuel: Maddie!

Selina: Madalyn!

I laughed as I caught up to them, Emanuel pulling me into a hug as everyone else crowded around us.

Emanuel: Way to go Maddie, I knew you could do it!

Suddenly there was a rumbling like noise as a man emerged from the rubble of the fallen city block. It was Iestyn's grandfather, Michael! He wasn't dressed up as Deception anymore. He seemed like his normal self again.

Iestyn: Grandfather!

Iestyn ran up to the old man, stopping as he stood in front of him, hesitating to touch him as tears formed in his eyes.

Iestyn: Is it really you?

Micheal: Yes Iestyn, it's me.

Iestyn smiled proudly as he nearly tackled the man in a much needed hug. Micheal apologized to the boy as he returned the embrace, happy to be back with his grandson once again. It was such a heart warming sight to see. I smiled at the pair as I felt a hand grasp mine. I looked down to see a boys hand, and then I looked up to see Emanuel's face. He smiled at me as I smiled back. It felt.... nice.

Najat: The universe is saved, and it's thanks to you!

Najat squealed as she wrapped her arms around me and hugged me. David grinned as he gave me a thumbs up, standing behind Najat.

David: Nice job out there Maddie.

Madalyn: Thanks buddy. I really appericiate it.

David smiled as he extended his hand out towards me. I smiled, releasing one of my arms from hugging Najat and sent it forward, shaking David's hand. At that moment, Optimus Prime's holoform appeared, hovering in the air as he used his jet pack.

Optimus: It's a little early for celebrations.

I looked at my partner with a confused look as me and Najat broke up from our hug and everyone else gathered around the Autobot leader.

Madalyn: What do you mean Optimus? We beat Megatron fair and square, and we got both of the cores back so you can heal Primus.

Optimus: Take a look at the sky.

We all did as we were told and looked up. Instead of the blue sky we were all hoping for, with clouds and birds soaring over head, the sky was still covered in the various colours just like it was in the colour dimension.

Madalyn: Aw snap!

Iestyn: Why is it still like that?

Michael: My best guess is that Earth and Cybertron are still merging together.

Selina: What does that mean doctor?

Michael: It means, once the two planets have merged together into one world, they will simply collapse.

Emanuel: But I thought all we had to do was defeat Megatron?

Predaking: That is true Emanuel. But we must also restore balance to Cybertron. Meaning we must get the Cores back to Primus.