~Chapter #34~

Ruhana is exasperated with Vineet. She’s been managing to keep herself sane with Vineet around her. She knows that he has been through rough childhood but she also knows that he won’t be able to live his life like this. Living in a shell, keeping himself away from others, is not what will let him go forward in life. He has to take a break, take a deep sigh and begin from the start.

He has to move along the path that his destiny has chosen for him. He has to do something and change his destiny. But, he is doing nothing to make his life better. He is just travelling in the past and this hurts Ruhana.

Vineet and Ruhana have grown up together. Vineet has been excited and protective from the day Ruhana was born. Their mums used to say that these two will share a pure and blissful bond of love, that is, friendship. They will put example for the others to follow them. Little did they know that there will be differences between the two childhood friends.

No, not this trifle, but as they grew up, Vineet has distanced himself from Ruhana. She feels the distance, and when he doesn’t share his heart out to her, it increases the distances more. Ruhana feels so and she is very hurt and sad about it. She never wanted this, she doesn’t want to part away from Vineet. This is the reason that she does silly things and becomes the reason for gags in front of his friends and their common friends.

Her hope has completely shattered with the new trifle they had. She didn’t think he’d scold her or shush her in front of many people on the trip. And it led her to lose her cool, to lose her sanity that she has been masking since 12 long years, living her life according to his interests.

Ruhana is exhausted thinking and she didn’t know when she fell asleep.

*****
It’s early morning, Vineet is sitting on the swing in the garden of the hotel. It’s been two days that they sat here and chatted. She used to wait for him here and they used to spend some time together. But….

She’s angry! Angry for the most obvious reason.

Ruhana! The girl is so exasperated with him that she has said on his face that she won’t talk to him. Well, he has always given her pain and silence, how can he think that she will run after him, after numerous insults in front of the people she didn’t want to become a laughing gag.

She has clearly stated that she’ll not talk to him, she’s mad at him and she has to convince her. He has seen her efforts, he has seen her trying hard to bring him back. She even dislikes Rhea and he remembers how she got angry when he talked to Rhea. She simply dislikes the girl for her nature and her habit of showing off.

Ruhana’s face flashes in his eyes. Her sullen and red eyes – her sad face, her teary voice is all alarming. This is what he sees when he closes his eyes. And he’s sad that it is all because of him. He’s the reason for her tears, her sadness. And he has to make it alright.

Vineet takes a deep sigh. What does the girl want? Only the smile on his face – she only wants to see him happy. All that she does is only to make him happy. Ruhana is the one who thinks about Vineet before her own self. She cannot sleep before spending some time with him. Okay, they may not talk, but the silence is soothing to them. He looks at the stars and she looks at him. That’s what she does. But, that doesn’t mean that she has kept her self-respect at stake.

He has realised that Ruhana has done a lot for him. Can’t he smile for her? Can’t he give her what she desires from him? Of course, she is not asking him to get the stars from the sky. She just wants him to move on. He can do that. Or say, he should do that, in order to get back the girl who loves him dearly and he is habitual of her, he can’t stay even a minute without her.

As he’s lost in thoughts, he is greeted by Rohan. The other guy is astonished but he knows that Vineet is upset since the other day. He asks about Ruhana but Vineet denies telling him anything.

“You can’t run away from the truth, Vineet. You know you like her, she means more than a friend to you.” He says.

“What? I mean, it is not like that.” Vineet nudges his best friend.

“If it is not that, then why are you worried? You should be happy that Ruhana is not talking to you.” Rohan says tauntingly, as he knows that Vineet is feeling her absence in his life.

“You won’t understand, Rohan!” Vineet sighs.

“The ones who want to understand, they do, unlike you.” A feminine voice breaks their trance.

Vineet is surprised, well, it is Ruhana. He looks at her in surprise, so is she back to talk to him? A small smile lingers on his lips, yet he’s left shattered.

“I just came to inform that Professor Shah is looking for you two.” Ruhana says with a straight face.

Vineet looks at her for a couple of moments. There’s no emotion on his face and she didn’t cling to him, neither did she greet him. Oh! He needs to pacify her quickly.

He jogs to reach her and calls her name. She stops on her track and sighs. She turns back to him and smiles lightly. She’s not the kind to ignore.

“Ruu, I am sorry,” Vineet says it’s genuine, it seems so with his tone.

“For what?” She asks simply, seeming oblivious to what happened the other day.

“I mean, I know I did wrong, but please don’t be this mad. I know….” He says, but Ruhana cuts him in between.

“You don’t know, Vineet. But, fine, I don’t want to take grudges and ruin my trip.” Ruhana says briefly while Vineet looks at her.

“What? I am still on my words. I’ll follow you like others do. Don’t worry from my side. I just don’t want to ruin my mood.” Ruhana says as she feels his gaze at herself.

“But Ruu….” he tries to say, he wants to talk to her genuinely.

“We’ll talk later, I think you should go and talk to the professors. Also, I don’t want to talk what will disturb me! Tum bhi toh kabhi bhi gussa dikhaate ho toh kabhi pyar, samajh nahi aata, kispe vishwas karun.” Ruhana says.

Vineet sighs and watches her go. She has said that she doesn’t want to ruin her mood. Is she fine? Or is she masking up her feelings?

Vineet doesn’t know but he is well determined to convince Ruhana.

To Be Continued.

Will Vineet be able to convince Ruhana?

Stay tuned to know more..