~Chapter #31~

Ruhana has a trifle with her friends. They confront her and blame her for being rude to Vineet. Ruhana scolds them and says that they can go and befriend Vineet if they don't like her(Ruhana) being with them. Ruhana changes into her night dress and leaves the room.

She knows that Shubhi and Priyanka may tease her but they know that Vineet means the whole world to her. They may take her wrong but she can't keep her self respect on stake. She can't let Vineet scold herself in front of everyone. Okay, he has a right on her but she can't let him do what he wants.

Ruhana moves into the restaurant and serves food for herself. She let her presence notified to her professor and then takes a corner table and starts eating her food. Shubhi and Priyanka sit beside her.

"Sorry Ruu, we didn't mean to hurt you." Priyanka apologises.

"I don't mind,Pree! Because I am used to false allegations. Anyway, take your dinner." Ruhana says softly.

"Yar! We didn't mean to hurt you. You always go behind him, that's why we asked." Sree says.

"It doesn't mean that I can't do without him. I don't go behind him for myself. It's my way to make him feel better. But I'm wrong. So I just stopped doing it." Ruhana says sternly and moves away from the table.

She's done with dinner. As she moves out of the restaurant, she bumps into Vineet. He holds her wrist but she composes herself and jerks his hand. He calls her name.

" Ruhana! " he says.

" Vineet! I'm tired. I am going to my room. Also, don't think I will pull off by my words. I mean them." Ruhana says sternly while looking at Vineet and then leaves in a second.

Vineet is left disheartened. Well, he deserves this. He knows it. He knows that she is hurt. He watches her go away from him and he feels restless and hopeless at the same time. He knows he is the reason of her sadness and tears in her eyes. He wants to call her, talk to her but she is adamant enough at her place. His eyes are still glued at her until she disappears from his eyes. Whilst, a voice falls in his ears. As he looks around, he finds his own conscience in front of him.

“Why are you upset now? She’s only returning what you have given her. And she is not at fault.”

“She has given her heart and soul to you, to your friendship. She doesn’t want you to let your faith loose on friendship. She didn’t want you to feel lonely, she didn’t want you to stay unhappy! And this is what you’ve given her? Silence! Scoldings which she doesn’t deserve. She just acts like a child because she finds you smiling at her stupid stuff! And you know it, you like it! Yet you ignore her while she has given her whole life to you.”

“ You have taken her wrong! You know that she’s emotional and you take it as her weakness! And that’s immensely wrong. When someone is weak for a certain thing or person, do not forget, that person or thing becomes their biggest strength! And you are her strength and hope! But it’s all shattered, Vineet! You’re the one to do it.”

The conscience disappears leaving Vineet thoughtful. Yes! He has taken her wrong. She is sad, she didn’t even talk to him. The girl who can’t sleep without spending some time with him is not looking at him. Vineet sighs deeply and moves towards his room. He’s upset and so, he just sits on the bed, staring at the empty wall.

He remembers all the times when she’s been around him. Her giggles and her anger is what he can’t forget. It’s been a whole day that Ruhana hasn’t talked to him. He trails down the memory lane, what made him like this.

His Dad! The person who never treated Vineet and his mother right. He even killed his mom! Remembering the incident still shivers him. He closes his eyes as the incident flashes in front of his eyes.

*Flashback Begins*

It is the time when Vineet ws just 6 year old. He’s sitting in his room playing the guitar. The boy had just started learning it. His mom entered his room and smears his head. He jumped from the bed and stands near the wall and began to play the guitar. His mother smiled at him. Though he just started playing the tune of his favourite rhyme, he is all smiles to see his mom smiling. They were laughing around, when a heavy voice echoed in the house.

It was his father who walked into his room. Little Vineet was scared enough and hid behind his mother. The man scolded his wife and asked her to lay the dinner table. Vineet’s mom asked him to stay in the room only and come out only when she calls him.

Vineet agreed and looked at his father scaredly. He didn’t beehave well with his mom and Vineet wasn’t any exception. Many times, when he’d ask to go for ride, his father would scold him or slap him even. Vineet sat on the bed hugging his toy which is a small furry dog. His father left the room eyeing him in anger. Little Vineet could not understand him and began playing with his toys.

Later that night, His mom made him sleep and then moved to her room. During midnight, Vineet woke up because he felt thirsty. He picked up his water mug from the table and drank some water. In the meantime, he heard some sounds. He recognised them, it’s his mother. Though, he’s scared of his dad, he take small steps towards his parents’ room and peeps through the small creak of the door. As he looks inside, he’s shocked and terrified at the same time such that he couldn’t control himself and a scream escaped his mouth. A call for his mom!

What did he see inside the room?

To Be Continued.

What did Vineet see?
Flashback continues in the next chapter.