~Chapter #15~

Ruhana learns that their tour will also let them attend a rock band concert. She jumps on her toes as the rock band belongs to her favorite singer - R. D. Okay! She doesn't mind if he's not so popular, but she loves the singer and his songs. She believes that one day he will be a Rockstar for sure. Ruhana runs out of the building and finds Vineet at their usual meeting place. She softens with his sight, this boy is always on time. He doesn't care about what other people or students think about him, but he never fails to keep a check on her. As the day ends, both Ruhana and Vineet go home together, until and unless either of them have some other work. She is super excited for the tour and the concert. She almost jumps over him.

"Vineet!! I am so excited." She hugs him, locking her arms around his neck.

"What happened now?" he asks.

"She's got someone she loves." Priyanka chuckles.

"Who? What is she talking about?" Vineet asks as Ruhana parts the hug.

"She's talking about Raj. Raj D'sena. The band musician. “ Priyanka chuckles.

“Who’s he ,now?” Vineet whispers and glances at Ruhana.

“He’s a musician. We will meet him in Mumbai. There’s a concert and college will be taking us therein.” Ruhana chuckles at Vineet.

“You and your fantasies!!” Vineet smiles lightly.

All about you.” She whispers to herself as she turns her head away.

Vineet turns to her, asking if she said something, but she denies. He then tells the group that they will be leaving on Saturday and they’ll return after 7 days. Also, he tells them t get themselves registered for the trip. The people agree and after that Vineet and Ruhana walk home.

*****
Ruhana and Vineet reach home and move to freshen up. Ruhana’s mom prepares coffee for the two, as they don’t like to miss their evening drinks.

Ruhana tells about the Mumbai schedule to her mother and also about the live concert. Her mother laughs at her excitement, but agrees with her that meeting with someone you admire is equally very exciting. Vineet teases her with the very name.

“I’d leave you with him, okay! Keep enjoying.” Vineet says teasingly at which Ruhana whines at first.

“It’s fine by me. But, you’ll be bored without me.” Ruhana says , clicking out her tongue at him.

“ You’ll leave us alone?” He asks her, his mouth wide open.

“Haha! Yes! It’ll be good. I’ll stroll with Mr. RD. It will be fun! “ Ruhana says , hugging herself.

“But, why would you do that?” Vineet asks, his voice turning serious at the same time.

“Because, you don’t take me out on strolls. You don’t take me for ice-cream and walk. Tum bahut badal gaye ho.” Ruhana replies.

Vineet stares at her for a few minutes and bows his head. The girl is actually right. It has been ages since they went out to have ice-cream. Now, it’s Ruhana who pulls him along and whenever he denies, she pulls herself back. He sighs deeply. Her parents never stopped them from going out together. They respect their relationship and her dad never stops him, rather, he asks him to take care of Ruhana in his absence. His trance breaks as Ruhana keeps her hand on his shoulder.

“Running from everything is not a solution, Vineet. You know it better than me. You’re more matured than me , Vineet . And we already talked about it yesternight.” Ruhana says softly.

“We will be happy when we will move on. Life will be hard, but we have to go on.” Ruhana speaks again when she finds him silent.

“I said, I’ll try my best, Ruu.” He says , breaking his silence.

“We will start it from today. We will go for icecream after dinner. You’ll be paying like always.” Ruhana chuckles.

“Oh yes! Who else will!” Vineet says, a small smile lighting his face.

Ruhana grins widely, for, their is a smile on his face, and it means the world to her. She hugs me tightly and the duo begins to make list for the things they’ll need for their trip. Ruhana’s mom helps them with the list and also promises to help them in their packing.

Meanwhile, Ruhana’s dad reeturns home and the family of four have dinner together. Her father teamed up with Vineet only to tease her, but in the end, the truth is that the two of them love her the most.

Later, in the night, after helping her mother in winding up the work, Ruhana asks her mom to go out for a stroll and have ice-cream with Vineet. The lady allows her and Vineet and Ruhana rush out of the house.

*****

Ruhana is happy and she holds Vineet’s hand, thanking him. He is amused and looks at her in surprise. He’s always this innocent. Ruhana slaps his cheeks lightly and thanks him for coming out on a stroll. Vineet smiles lightly and says something that leaves Ruhana touched.

To Be Continued.

What did Vineet say to Ruhana?

Stay tuned.