~Chapter #27~

Ruhana confronts Vineet for being silent. She is tired of observing Vineet talking to other people, replying to their questions. These people include Rohan, his friends and even the girl, Rhea. She confronts him regarding his behaviour.

Ruhana is not a kid to not understand Vineet’s behaviour. He shushes her always because she lets him do that. She lets him take his time, she does things in the way he likes. She leaves her friends, the sleepovers and even her shopping trips, just to be with Vineet. She prefers staying with Vineet at home. Because of this, she often has arguments with her friends, but she never backs off. She just wants to see Vineet happy, in the same way as he was in their childhood.

In return, she only wants him to smile. She wants him to be happy. She wants him to confide his feelings, his pain, his discomfort, his happiness in her. She wants to be the person to whom Vineet comes and says everything that he is holding in his heart. And every time, it’s someone else, but not Ruhana. He will talk to Rhea, Rohan and his other friends without any questions, but when she questions him, he scolds her.

Ruhana feels that they are childhood friends and  when she can tell him everything, why can’t he do the same? She doesn’t want to coax him, but she wants him to come to her with his own will. When she can share anything with him, Vineet can also do the same. If she’ll also coax him then what will be the difference left between her and other people to whom Vineet talks nicely.

Even after scolding, Vineet stays silent and asks her to go to her room. Ruhana has had enough of his tantrums. Yes! She wanted to bring his naughty self back. But his behaviour in the last few days has disappointed her. He promised her that he will try to stay happy. Yet, he is not doing the same. When Vineet asks her to go to her room, she sighs deeply.

“Fine, Vineet. You stay with your silence. You don’t wanna tell me something! You have other people with whom you share your heart and your problems. And I, I don’t mean anything to you, right? Then let’s wrap it up!” She says while looking at him.

“I won’t disturb you from now on! Last time, I forgave you. But, this time, I won’t forgive you. I wanted this trip to be a memorable one. I promised myself that when we go back home you will be the same Vineet who used to take care of me, who used to tease me and take me for ice creams at night." she says angrily.

" But, I don't think you want to do that. You said you will try to be happy. You are not doing it, though. Rhea ka tumhe baar baar rokna, baat karna, tumse chipakna - - ye sab tumhe acha nahi lagta. Par usko tum kabhi khud se door jaane k liye nahi kehte. Main tumse ek simple sawal puch rahi hun toh tumne na hi sirf mera haath jhatka, mujhe danta aur ab khud ko akele chhodne ke liye bhi keh rahe ho! Rhea ke sath kyun nahi karte ye sab? Uspe kyun nahi chillate? Main tumhari baatein maanti hoon, mumma papa ne tumhare sath bheja hai, isse tumhe mujhe dantne ka haq nahi mil jata." She confronts him.

She is angry at him. She's hurt that Vineet doesn't think of her as mature as he is. She's hurt that he never confides his feelings in hers. All that she does to please him has made her a child and he considers her the same.

" You don't want to come out of your cage. Main hi paagal hoon jo tumhari parwah karti hun. Tumhare liye apni parties, apne dost chhod deti hun. Kyunki tumhara sath sukoon deta hai mujhe. Lekin tum nahi chahte ho ki main sukoon se rahun. Tum samajhna nahi chahte ki tumhari khushi mein main apni khushi dhundhti hun. Isliye tum mujhe kuch bhi batana zaroori nahi samajhte. Isliye baaki sabse baat karte ho. Tum jao, Rohan, Rohit, Rhea aur baaki sabse hi baatein karo. I won’t say anything to you. I won't coax you ever. It starts from tonight. Have a good night.” Ruhana says firmly and moves to her room.

She takes a few steps and turns back towarss him.

"And yes! Mr Vineet, don't think that I will forget all of this and come to you in the morning. I've had enough. Thak gayi hun main! Tumhe mauke deke, tumhe time deke! I was wrong to think that you will change. I was thinking it in the wrong way that if I will be by your side, you will come out of your cage. But you don't want it. It was my mistake to please you. Tumhari khushi ke liye apni khushi ko daanv pe lagaya maine. Yahi meri galti hai. Par ab tum free ho. Tum kisi se bhi baat karo, kisi ke bhi sath raho, I won't question you. Infact, I'll not talk to you. Because it doesn't make any sense now." she says and runs inside the hotel leaving Vineet shocked.

Her eyes are teary by now. She finds her solace in him but he always pushes her apart from himself. He doesn’t understand her feelings, he’s always lost in himself. He knows that Ruhana is upset with him, but he doesn’t try to understand her feelings, the pain she feels when he doesn’t treat her the way he should do.

Ruhana reaches to her room and unlocks the door with her keys. As she enters in, she finds her friends sleeping soundly. She also throws herself on the bed and breaks into tears. Her patience has broken now. She can’t take it anymore.

*****
On the other hand, Vineet is standing still at his place. He’s just trying to grasp what Ruhana just said, a few minutes earlier. He knows she’s mad at him and it would be hard to convince her.

He can’t deny it either. She’s right though. He never talks to her in detail. He always scolds her when she comes to ease him. Yes! She denies her friends to stay with him, even if he doesn’t talk to her. She just loves to see him by her side, and she is content with that.  Even if he gives her a slight smile, her smile turns into giggles.

On the other hand, the girls like Rhea, Shriya and even Rohan, almost coax him to tell him everything. She is far different from his friends and she has the right to know everything. Every little thing - that is not unknown to her. But she wants him to say it. She wants him to say that he’s happy being with her. Her family is his family as well. And he has hurt Ruhana again.

He knows that she’s his sunshine. When others walk away from him, she stands by him, holding his hand. Rohan, who calls himself Vineet’s best friend, leaves him to be with his girlfriend, this pretty girl leaves her friends, her parties and sleepovers, just to be with him. He has heard Priyanka and Shubhi asking him to tell Ruhana not to cancel the parties, but the girl is just adamant. She never leaves his side, but today is another day, it seems. She has said that she won’t coax him, she won’t run behind him.

Her words have hit him hard, and he doesn’t know what to do? He calls Ruhana but the lady doesn’t pick up the call. It seems like she is very angry with him. He sighs deeply. Now, all he could do is to wait for the morning until he gets a chance to meet Ruhana and talk to her.

To Be Continued.

Ruhana is angry with Vineet. Will he be able to convince her?

Will Ruhana forgive Vineet for another time?

Stay tuned.