~Chapter #30~

Ruhana and Vineet have trifles where Ruhana tells Vineet that she is firm on her decision of not talking to him. Okay! She can’t help chasing him. She loves being around him, she may even get scared of his firm gaze, but she’s not blind to notice him. He’s not doing any efforts in being the person he was. Okay! He has a bad past, but why can’t he have a better present? This question bugs Ruhana. Seeing him interacting with other people hurts her, because when she tries to communicate, he always shushes her. But why? Not getting an answer, she has decided to turn away.

Vineet is lost in thoughts and he finds that Ruhana has boarded the bus. He looks inside the bus and finds Ruhana sitting with her friends, talking to them. She’s not even looking at him. Today, they have planned to visit the Nehru Science museum and the Nehru Planetarium. That’s something interesting about the students like Ruhana and her friends.

In an hour, they reached the Nehru Planetarium. The professors instructed the students to stay in the group. As the students board down, Vineet calls Ruhana but she ignores the call and joins her friends. Whilst, the professor calls Vineet and he has to go.

*****
A while later, everyone are standing outside the auditorium. Ruhana, Priyanka and Shubhi are standing and talking. The other two girls have understood that Ruhana is not talking to Vineet. They are astonished but decide to ask her the reason.

“Ruu! Is everything alright?” Priyanka strikes the conversation.

“Yeah! For now, I am excited for this star show.” Ruhana chuckles.

“Okay! But why aren’t you talking to Vineet?” He was asking for you.” Shubhi says, obviously lying, coaxing Ruhana to speak.

“Can’t we just talk about stars? You guys wanted me to see some other sight thanVineet! You guys wanted me to leave Vineet and be with you. Now, when I am doing that, why are you talking to me about him?” Ruhana rolls her eyes at her best friends.

“But, you never do so!” Shubhi looks at Ruhana.

“If I don’t do something, it doesn’t mean that I can’t do it! It’s just that I don’t want to do it. So, please, if you guys think that I won’t be able to live without talking to the guy who just serves me silence, then you’re wrong. None of you knows me correctly.” Ruhana says and moves to get a water bottle from a small shop inside the campus.

Well, everyone including Vineet heard what Ruhana said. Yes! When she said “the guy who serves me silence” , she already got aware of his presence behind her back. Vineet sighs deeply and watch as Shubhi and Priyanka move to catch up with Ruhana. Meanwhile, he is summoned, in fact, all the students are summoned, and the star show begins.

A big day has begun.

*****
The day passes swiftly. After the planetarium show, they have lunch in a restaurant near the planetarium and revisit the Science museum. Some students were bored, while some took interest in it. After all, its an educational tour. They still have time to enjoy the trip.

It's evening soon and it's time to return back to the hotel. Though it took them approximately 2 hours, they reached the hotel. The students are instructed to relax and then meet for dinner in the hotel restaurant to which everyone agreed.

Once again, Vineet tries to call Ruhana but she doesn’t pay heed to him, instead, she leaves with her friends. Vineet sighs deeply. He could hear the other two girls talking to Ruhana.

“Don’t you think, you’re acting too rude?” Priyanka asks.

“Why do I sound rude? He’s rude when he scolds me in front of you guys. He doesn’t have the right to do so.” Ruhana says stopping on her track.

“But, he always listens to you.” Shubhi reasons.

“Yeah! When he has no choice! This trip! He didn’t came because I requested him. He came because professors gave him the responsibility. He spends time with me, because he knows he has no one else, still, fir bhi usey mujhpe vishwas nahi hain. Lekin rude main hoon, wow! What an observation, girls!” Ruhana says, and Vineet is clearly hearing her anger dripped words.

“Until yesterday, you guys wanted me to be with you, aaj jab main tumhare sath hoon toh tumhe main rude lagti hun. Why? Don’t I have a life? Main toh Vineet ke sath isliye rehti thi taaki usey akelapan na lage! I didn’t want to leave him alone! I didn’t want him to say that friendship is a lie! But, he has made it a lie for me. I was one mad girl, behind him. But ab aisa nahi hoga! Aur agar tum logon ko bhi ye galat lag raha hai toh jao, go and befriend Vineet! Or stay alone!” Ruhana says and rushes towards her room.

Well, why’d she been rude? It is Vineet who does that! And he’s still doing. Vineet just watches her go away and sighs. He silently moves into his room and changes his dress.

He’s still lost in thoughts! Well, what’s wrong? Ruhana has always been there for him, by his side. And he has only returned her favours with scolds and anger. Why would she bear it? After all, she has a limit, and it is broken now.

Okay! He might not change completely, but he could mend himself for Ruhana at least! The girl has given her everything in making him the man he is. He might be older than her, he might hide his emotions, but he can’t hide them from her. She knows him, his soul.

Vineet sighs as he remembers how she used to coax him to go out, to laugh and to do things on which he smiles at least. And today, the girl is not talking to him.

“Why should I care about the person who serves me silence?”

Yes, he has always served silence to her. But, it should not bethe routine always. He should come out of his past, but he can’t. He doesn’t know what to do. That’s when he remembers what his Ma(Ruhana’s mother) always tells him.

He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. He opens his eyes with a jerk, only to experience Ruhana’s happy face turning into a sad one. Yes! The girl has turned sad, she has pulled herself away from him.

And he has to bring her back. But how?

To Be Continued.

What will Vineet do to convince Ruhana ?

Stay tuned.

Falling For Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें