Chapter 30

We pulled up to the house, and I quickly got out of the car and walked inside of the house. I started to take the boxes that were labeled B, Tee, or Tre. I hurricanes started to put them in my range making sure to save space for Tierra and Tre. It was only six boxes; three for me, two for Tre, and one for Tierra. I turned on my truck and ran to Rae's car. Opening the door, I unbuckled his car seat and carried it with him still in it. Rae jumped out and opened the door for me. She quickly moved out of the way as I placed him in the seat abd made sure it was secure. I did the exact same for Tierra. I hugged Rae goodbye and she jumped in her car and pulled off. I got in my truck, turned my phone off, and I took a quick minute to get myself together. I backed out into the empty street and sped off to go out to Jay's house again.

*

*

*

I pulled into Jay's yard and my kids were wide awake now. I got Tre out and then grabbed Tee. I held his hand with my free one, as I walked up to his door. I let Tre's hand go and knocked on the door. He pulled it open and smiled at me. I let out a forced smile and he moved to the side to let me in. As soon as we walked in, Tre started touching things. "Tre stop." I said grabbing his hand and bringing hi towards the couch. I handed Tee to Jay, then I picked Tre up and sat him on the couch. Backing up, I went back outside and grabbed a comfortable change of clothes. I locked the car doors and walked back in the house. "Jay, where's your bathroom?" I mumbled. "This door right here." he said pointing to a white door. I walked to the bathroom quickly, sitting the door behind me, and stripping out of my clothes. I stepped in a pair of black joggers and threw on a fitted wife beater. I took my curly hair out of the ponytail and let it fluff everywhere. I tipped the toilet seat down and sat on it. Grabbing my Sport Blue 6s out the box. I put on my socks, loosened them, and slid them on my feet. I cleaned the big mess that I had made and carried it outside and put it in the trunk of my car. I walked back in the house and sat next to Jay.

"You look so tired B. Wassup?" He said pushing my loose strands of hair behind my ear. First, I made sure that Tre was occupied with a game on my phone. Then I started to tell him the events from this morning.

"B. You gotta chill. Don't do something you might regret." he said frowning and reaching over to hug me with his free arm. "She damn sure ain't regret killing my father. Now, my babies won't ever see their grandfather again." I said getting frustrated. He rubbed my back. Getting up, I walked to "Jay. Watch my babies. I'll be right back." I said standing up and grabbing my purse. Walking out the door, I put on my shades and unlocked my truck. I walked to the door, thinking of my plan, and opened it. I jumped in, cut on the ignition and sped out of the roundabout driveway.

Kwan didn't live too far. I pressed a little more on the gas as I seen his house getting near. I stopped at the gate to tell him my name and he let me in. Slowly, I parked next to one of those cars and stepped out. As soon as my feet touched the ground, Kwan was opening his door. I walked towards him with a smile on my face. Kwan was like another uncle to me. He was my dad's right hand, he trusted Kwan with his life, and his children's life. "Hi uncle Kwan." I spoke, leaning in for a hug. He returned a comforting hug to me. "Hey baby girl, come inside. I have information and questions for you." He clearly spoke as he held the door for me, and closed it behind me. "Follow me." He said walking down the hallway and into an office. It was very nice. It had a dark wood bookshelve, desk, and plush carpet floors. I sat down across from him, and leaned back in the chair. Crossing one leg over the other, ready for any drama to come my way. "B. Tell me what happened this morning." He rubbed his face and sat back. "Well, I walked in there with RJ.. we all were sitting there. I didn't say anything and neither did RJ. Bianca was like 'skip all that so we can get to the good stuff.' She was upset by the difference of what he left her and what he left me. Drew knew not to try me but he gone get his too." I was speaking before he cut me off. "If Drew didn't say anything, why he gotta suffer? " He asked looking interested in my reply. "I guess my daddy didn't inform you. He almost caused me to lose my child long story short." I spoke slowly getting angrier. "Oh. and come to find out, she paid my babies father to kill my big brother... and paid him to try and keep me away from my dad. Just so she can get all the money. I know my dad had to see this, he was way too forgiving." I said shaking my head and looking up at Kwan. He nodded his head and leaned up to speak. "I have a lot to tell you. You're still walking blind Beauty." I nodded and adjusted myself to get comfortable. "Okay, well here's what happened. Believe it or not, your dad knew what she did. He forgave her after she found out what she had done. She promised that she wouldn't do the same to you. He was blindly in love with your mother. Stupid in love I should say." He paused. "So that's why she planned everything to run you off and neglect your father. Which, in my opinion was virtually impossible. " He ended.

My mind was going everywhere. How was I gonna get my revenge, how was I gonna kill Drew off without being noticed, and how I was gonna make RJ hurt. "B. I know what you thinking. Do not kill your mother." He said sternly and looked me in my eyes to let me know that he meant business. "Fine. I need somebody to take care of her and Drew for me. She never loved me." I said standing up. "Alright. I'll pull some strings, follow me so we can get what your father left for you.

We got up and I followed behind him down different hallways and rooms. He got to a specific room, opened a little trap door, and a black duffle was in it. He patted it with his hands to dust it off. When he opened it, I couldn't believe it was real. I had never seen that many bills in my life. Kwan handed it to me, and told me exactly what to do with it; he said to find a safe and unpredictable place. I definitely wasn't supposed to put it in a bank. I thanked him and made conversation as he walked me to his front door. I told him goodbye as I hugged him, then I headed to my car.

After I left Kwan's house, I made my way back to Jay. I hopped out the car making sure the bag was hidden, and locked the doors. I knocked on the door for Jay to open it with my baby sleeping in his arms. I grabbed her and she squirmed a little in my arms. "How was it?" he asked looking at me curiously. "Nerve wrecking." I said looking up at him. "Where's Tre?" I asked looking around. "Upstairs sleeping." he said putting his hands in his pockets. "Oh okay. I'm going to lay her own with him." I said feeling a little awkward. I walked up the stairs with Tee sucking on her fingers. Walking down the hallway, I made my way to the open door where Tre was sleeping in the Middle of the bed. I adjusted Tierra so that I could hold her safely with one arm, and I picked Tre up and laid him over my shoulder. I put Tierra safely on one side of the bed. While I was grabbing pillows to put on her right side, Tre started stirring in his sleep. "It's mommy baby. Calm down." I whispered and rubbed his back a little. He went right back to sleep. I laid him down next to his sister and then started to place pillows in his left. I sat in the chair that was in the corner of the room to watch my babies. and make sure that they were okay. Tre started to look even more like his daddy and that started to take a toll on me. I missed him, we were never away from each other this long in the same city. I don't want my kids to not see their dad, but I can't see him myself or I'll fold. I'll give in and take him back like I usually do. I can't do that this time. This time he has to suffer, just like I am.

I wiped my tears and took a deep breath before getting up and going downstairs to Jay.

"You good B? Come here." He said getting up and walking to me. I hugged him and I just stayed there. "If you miss him, just talk to him. He always gonna be there for you. You are the mother of his kids." he whispered rubbing my back. I nodded and stepped back. This went against everything I thought and I had to do it to be at peace with myself. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and shot him a quick text.