Chapter 49

Beauty

We were back in Atlanta, Jayla decided to stay with Nell and Chanise. So it was just the four of us. A month had passed and I was close to getting clothes in my shop. RJ was packing to go out of the country to Jamaica, Mexico, and some other places. I didn't want him to go, but he swears he has to make money illegally. I just want for my babies to be safe. Him leaving today meant that he would be missing Tierra's birthday, which didn't sit well with me. I wouldn't be having a huge party until she was five, since our family hadn't moved up just yet. "B. Come on, I'm about to head out." RJ spoke as he was coming down the stairs with his bags. I got up and put Tierra on my hip. "Ma. Eat." She said squeezing her hands. "Alright baby." I smiled kissing her cheek. "Tre! Come say bye to your daddy!" I yelled to him. There wasn't any telling where he was at. I walked RJ to the door and I handed Tierra to him. "Bye bye princess. Daddy loves you okay? You better keep talking and getting better at it." He said looking at her and smiling. She just stuffed her hands in her mouth and let her dimples show. He handed her to me and I went to the kitchen to get her something to chew on. Tre ran in the kitchen not too long later telling me that his daddy wanted me. I walked out of the kitchen and straight to the door. "Come here." He said pulling me into a hug. "Can't Dean go for you? I mean your daughters birthday is in two days." I mumbled into his neck. "It's something I gotta do myself B. I'll be back in two weeks. I promise." He said rubbing my back. I pulled away and kissed him. "Be safe and call me when you can." I said smiling. He let go and went out of the door.

Two weeks passed, the calls stopped, but he never came home.