Chapter 3

RJ's POV

We arrived at IHOP. I parked and got out the car. I went to her side and opened the door for her, she got out and walkes passed me to get Tre out. She took out the baby seat and carried him inside with me not too far behind her. It wasn't as full so once we came in we got a booth. The waitress took our drinks and left. "Beauty, what's going on?" I tapped her hand. She looked up at me and then looked back at her hands. "My bestfriend; Jay, got HIV from his girlfriend of 2 years. She had cheated." She looked out the window. "I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he just takes good care. But, Beauty we can't think about him right now cause we have to talk about the three of us." I pointed at Tre. She smiled. "Okay." She leaned over and kissed his forehead.

Beauty's POV

RJ was showing me that he was trying but he's going to have to show me more. The waitress came back and took our orders. After she left we started to talk. "RJ I work Monday through Thursday. From 8 to 4:30." I said taking Tre's bottle out the bag and putting it on the table. I unbuckled Tre and sat him in my lap. "Well I'll keep him then. " He smiled and grabbed him out my lap and took the bottle to feed him. "But, what if you got to do business?" I asked while the waitress put our food down. "I'll take him to ma or Araela." He handed Tre back to me. "He's so handsome! What's his name?" The waitress asked politely. "Tremaine." I smiled at her and started cutting my pancakes. "That's unique. Enjoy your food."

A hour later RJ pulled up to my apartment. "Thanks for breakfast. Are you up for keeping Tre so I can talk to Jay or you busy today?" I turned in the seat. "Nah. I'll keep him." He smiled. "Okay, let me go get some more of his food and clothes." I said reaching back and grabbing his baby bag. I got out and ran up the stairs and to the door. I unlocked the door and Jay was laying on the couch with his beats on and his eyes closed. I went to Tre's nursery and grabbed clothes, socks, pampers, hats, and everything else he needed. I came back out and put his formula in the bag. I hurried out the apartment and jogged down the stairs. I got to RJ's car tired as hell. He opened his door and pulled me in his lap laughing. "I need to get in shape." I said laughing. "But here's the baby bag. Gimme a hug and I'll see yall tomorrow." I gave RJ a hug and tried to pull away, he wouldn't let me go. "Give me another chance?" He put his forehead to mine. "Nice try but no. You gone have to work for it this time." I moved his hands and got up. I went to my apartment to back to Jay.

I opened the door and he was in the same position as before when I left. I sat on his stomach and took the headphones off. "Jay." He opened his eyes and they were full of anger. "Yo B. I'm not in the mood to be playing with you." He closed his eyes and put the headphones back on. I took them back off a again. His eyes shot open. "Yo B-", "Jay I don't give a rats ass what you in or not in the mood for. You came to my apartment to talk to me. Don't raise your voice and testosterone at me cause you mad with yo girl." I pointed my fingers at his face. "Now, I know she got it from cheating, but who was it?" I put my hand in my lap. "Bo." His skin started turning red. "What you gonna do about it?" I ask getting up and getting him a bottle of water. "Dump her and get rid of him." He said followimg behind me. "Ain't he that notorious nigga that everybody scared of?" I asked turning around to meet his chest. "Yeah. But I'm killing two birds with one stone, I need RJ to help me though." He looked past me. "Two birds with one stone? What's the other bird you killing?" I asked. He looked down at me with sympathy. "That's the nigga who got a price on your head." He rubbed his face. My heart stopped. I thought we got passed this. "He still got a price for me? I bet it's rising too." I mumbled to myself. "It is." He said grabbing his keys. "Where you going?" I asked, scared to be left alone. "To dump Nina's trifling ass and come back here." He said walking towards the door. "Wait, let me go with you please I don't wanna be by my self." I said walking up to him. "I have to go onto Bo territory." He said looking down. "Well, just drop me to RJ house. I rather be there. Just let me pack some clothes." I asked with pleading eyes. "Damn Beauty okay. Just hurry that ass up." He closed the door and sat down.

I went in my room and packed a whole bunch of pajamas, underwear, hygiene products, clothes, and shoes. I came out with two bags and Jay stood up to grab one. We walked out and headed to the car. Lord, I pray this week goes good.