Chapter 38

Beauty's POV

The family was going back to Miami today. Tina made me promise to call her everyday. I was going to keep up with my promise, especially since she has cancer. "Tell grandma bye bye Tre." I smiled at him while holding him on my left. "Bye bye." he said reaching for her. She grabbed him and he hugged her tight. "Don't go." he whispered and laid his head on her shoulder. "I won't baby. Grandma promises." she whispered back and kissed his forehead. I grabbed him from her and he laid his head on my shoulder. "Bye Tina, bye Rae, bye Shea, bye Jay, bye Nell, Bye bye Chanise." I said as I hugged each of them and gave them a kiss on the cheek. RJ went around to hug them too. "Mama, be safe okay. I love you." he said backing up and putting his arm around me. She nodded and they walked away while we watched. "Come on. Get Tre I'll push Tee's stroller." I said handing him over. He was starting to get too heavy for me. He nodded and grabbed him. We turned around and started walking back towards the entrance. "I'm worried about her." he mumbled. "We all are. I'm sure Shea and Nell are taking good care of her." I spoke.

We got to the car and I opened the back door. I took Tierra out of her stroller, and I placed her gently in her car seat; especially since she hadn't had a nap all day. I made sure she was strapped in correctly. RJ quickly put Tre in his seat and buckled him up. "Got Damn. She got a fat ass." I heard a males voice say. Another one was laughing; RJ looked up at me from the other side of the car. "His face was twisted and I backed out of the backseat and closed the door. He did the same and he walked around to me. "I know you ain't with this lame ass nigga here?" He said walking up and pointing a finger at RJ. I looked at him and his hand was on his gun. I reached over and interlocked my fingers with his. "I know you hear me talking." He said mugging me and stepping in my face. RJ let my hand go and gently pushed him back. "Can you just leave us alone. My kids are in the car and I would like to go home." I said as polite as possible. "Fuck him and them damn bastards." He said getting back in my face and getting loud. "See. What you're not going to do is get loud. You are not going to disrespect me or my kids. And you will get the fuck out of my face." I said pushing him back. He raised his hand and RJ punched the left side of his face. His friend tried to jump on RJ and that's when I jumped in. I think that that's what cowards do. Be a fucking man. They were soft enough for us to beat and leave in the parking lot.

RJ had a death grip on the steering wheel. "Babe, relax. It's over now." I said touching his leg. He just clenched his jaw. I sighed and sat back in the seat. "B. I don't want you fighting like that. They could hurt you." he said looking out of the side of his eye. "But... I was helping you." I mumbled, shaking my head at how ungrateful he was being. "So. It's no discussion. Just don't." he pointed his finger at me. "Fine." I said looking at Tee and Tre. They were still peaceful and unbothered. I looked back at RJ, who was still mad, and sat back. I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Wake up B. We're home." RJ said, shaking my leg. I opened my eyes and stretched. We got out of the car and I went into the backseat to get Tre out. He opened his eyes as I grabbed him and closed them back. I walked to the door with him in tow and I dug my hand around in my purse, trying to find my keys. I grabbed them and I unlocked the door. I walked straight up the stairs, and I walked into Tre's room. I took off his shirt and left on his basketball shorts. I put the cover over him and walked into my room. RJ was watching the TV with Tee on his chest. I laid next to them and faced the the window. "B." he mumbled. "What?" I said closing my eyes. "I'm hungry." he mumbled. I didn't reply. "Can you make me something to eat please?" he whined. "Okay. What you want?" I asked, getting up. "I really want chicken and fries." he said looking at me. I took off my tank top and put on a long sleeve shirt. I didn't feel like being popped by grease. I grabbed a ponytail holder and put my hair up. I walked out of the room and went downstairs. While I was making my way to the kitchen, somebody started knocking on the door. I walked to the door and tip toed in order to peep through the hole.