Chapter 53

Beauty

"I wish my dad and my brother were here to see this." I said as tears threatened to fall down my face. "Look at me B. They are up in heaven watching you and talking about how beautiful you look." Jayla said as she hugged me. Two years ago, I was ready to kill this man. Now I'm in a room at this mansion getting ready to marry him. "Auntie I'm scared." Chanise said as she pouted. "No need to be scared baby girl. Just smile and drop the petals, and look at your uncle and daddy. They'll be waiting on you right at the end." I said as I squatted down and kissed her forehead. "Okay." She smiled and I smiled back. "Amari come here." I said as I smiled at him. "You gonna walk with Nise okay? Smile and don't drop it okay?" I said referring to the pillow. "Okay auntie." He smiled and I stood. My makeup artist applied more of the rose red lipstick to my lips. I had my hairstylist fixed my weave a little before she put my headpiece on. The colors were white, gold, and red. I wanted everybody to wear black with little hints of red so I could stand out more. Jayla was my maid of honor; Nadia and Rae were my bridesmaids. "Okay everybody line up!" Our wedding planner smiled as she had everyone rush out. I was happy that this day was finally coming.

RJ

I stood at the altar and looked at everyone in the seats as they looked at me. It was nicely decorated with gold and red; we ended up mixing our favorite colors. Her's was gold and mine was red. The soft music started to play as my mother walks out in her red dress. She looked beautiful as she winked at me. Then, Jayla and Nell came out. She was smiling so hard causing me to chuckle and she lowkey flicked me off. Next, was Shea and Nadia. Nadia smiled and looked around. Shea had a grin on his face since he didn't smile too much. Chanise and Amari walked together, they had been inseparable since they became family. Chanise looked adorable with her pigtails and my nephew had a fresh cut. Then, Usher stepped out to sing the chorus for Matrimony. Beauty wanted the DJ to play it. But I decided to go all out for her. I talked to her the other day and she was sad about her father not being able to walk her. So she was going to walk with Tre and her cousin would just give her away.

If there's a question of my heart, you've got it.
It don't belong to anyone but you.
If there's a question of my love, you've got it.
Baby, don't worry, I've got plans for you.
Baby, I've been making plans, oh love.
Baby, I've been making plans for you.

She walked out and I swear my heart stopped. I smiled at her and at my son, they just seemed to brighten up the room together. Her white dress fit her perfectly.

Beauty

I smiled at RJ and he smiled back. A few tears dropped down his face as he watched me. I got to the preacher and Tre went to his nana. My family gave me away and I was a little saddened; I wanted my father and my brother. They weren't going to come back like Jayla did. I watched it happen.

***

"Bride, do you take this man to be your wedded husband? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him in sickness and in health, remaining faithful to him as long as you both shall live?" The pastor spoke as he looked at me.

I turned to look at RJ; my soon to be husband. "I do." I smiled as his pearly whites showed.

"Groom, do you take this woman to be your wedded wife? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her in sickness and in health, remaining faithful to her as long as you both shall live?" The pastor spoke as we looked at RJ.

He turned to our families. "Y'all already know I do." He winked and turned back to me. We laughed and got back to the wedding.

"Then by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." Our pastor said as he pulled me in and kissed me.

"My friends, I present to you Mrs. And Mr. Royce James." The pastor said as we walked down the white carpet and into the house. We would be having the reception in their biggest ballroom and I couldn't wait to get in there. But I had to take pictures and change.

We've been in this crazy ass relationship for eight years. We're finally married.

RJ

"Daddy. I'm hungry." Tre said as I helped him take off his clothes from the wedding. "Okay. We'll eat in a little while Tre. You want a snack now?" I said as I unbuttoned his shirt. He nodded. "Okay let's take this off first so mommy doesn't get mad that you got your clothes dirty." I said and he sighed. "Where's my sister?" He added. "I don't know. You miss her?" I said as I grabbed his animal crackers and chocolate pudding. "Yeah." He said and I smiled. I knew if anything were to happen to me, that he would protect his sister at all costs. "The quicker you eat and get dressed the faster we'll see her." I said taking off my shirt.

Beauty

"You hungry Tee?" I said as I picked her up and sat her on my lap. "Yes." She simply said reaching for the fruit platter. I grabbed a little plate and put grapes and pineapples on it since they were her favorite. "Thank you mommy." She said as she grabbed the plate. "You're welcome." I said as I put on my second dress; it was short so I could be able to dance easier. I adjusted my gold tiara and my hair. "Look who I had to steal from nana." Jayla said as she carried in her one year old girl. She looked just like Jayla and she was a chubby cutie. "Janae!" I yelled as I got up to take her from her mother. She started giggling and reaching for me. She was my baby. I was going to be the one to get her secret tattoos and shit. I'm not going to lie her and Michael made an adorable child. He was the worst person on earth, but he helped make Jayla's little angel. She was chocolate, she had big brown eyes, and she had kinky hair. She was so cute and I loved her. "B. You got that look in your eyes again. You want another baby huh?" She said smirking. "No, not yet. I'm still on the pill. I want to give it some time. Tre's about to be five and Tierra will turn four after him. I'll wait until then." I said as I kissed Janae's cheek. I passed her back to Jayla and sat down to put on my Colibretta Christian Louboutins. "Come on Tierra." I said as I held my hand out for her. She ran over and I quickly changed her into a cute little dress and red Mary Janes. I put her on my hip and walked over to RJ's room to see if they were ready. I knocked on the door and he opened it wide. "Daddy!" Tierra screamed as she literally jumped out of my arms into his. "You should've married her." I joked as I walked in the room. "Why everybody in here?" I asked as I looked around. "RJ started to scratch his neck. "Imma break it down to you sus." Jayla said with Janae in her lap. "You were bridezilla for the past few days." She laughed as I smiled at her. "Im sorry." I smiled as I went to get Tre. "Mommy when are we eating?" He said as he looked up at me. "Soon baby." I said as I grabbed his hand.

We walked out hand in hand as a family; Tre on my left, and RJ on my right holding Tee. They clapped and cheered for us as the DJ announced us again. "I love you B." RJ said in my ear over the music. I smiled and told him the same before giving him a kiss. Today made those eight years worth it.

____________
I added her wedding and reception dress.