3. Just Like You

3. Just like you..

Narmen looked at her reflection in the mirror. She was wearing a strapless chocolate brown dress that matched her long silky brown hair perfectly with golden scandals and accessories.

She touched the golden necklace smiling to herself. It was Alex's present for their 12th birthday. A beautiful golden heart shaped necklace that had their names buried in it from inside. She opened the heart to see ' Alex & NaNa forever'. She knew that her own heart had always agreed with this, even now.. It still hoped.

She examined herself. Her skin wasn't pale and wasn't so tan, it was a bit of creamy tan. Just perfect to make her golden eyes glow more.

Nana and Alex were the only ones who had this skin colour like their grandmother. Bob had a really tan skin and Hex had paler skin than hers and Alex's skin. That was mostly the only resemblance in their look, but it was really visible.

She looked one last time at herself before heading to the car. Bob was waiting for her in the passenger seat.

Bob was 15 yrs old but his body was really muscular. He was between Nana and Alex's height. People thought he was older than Narmen, as her cute features made her look younger while his looks were a bit manly. He had deep brown eyes, curly short brown hair with his so tan skin. Girls were always attracted to him.

Narmen was at her aunt's house in 5 min. She and Bob entered the house together hand in hand as she began to get nervous.

* * *

Alex got out his keys as he got out of his car. He had just returned from the beach because his mom Caroline told him she to return home quickly.

He went to the beach to stay alone. He wanted to find a way to apologize to Narmen. She won't talk to him and will always avoid him. He knew he had caused her pain and hurt all these last 3 years. How could he? He was always her protector, then he was the one who hurt her the most? He couldn't forgive himself.

Every night, he'd lock the door of his room, and begin hitting his punching bag so hard as he got angry at himself.

Oh.. Narmen! He really missed her. He felt incomplete without her. He had always needed somebody to stand by him and she was always there to encourage him, calm him and tell him what he should do. He missed her caring attitude. This smile he saw in her golden eyes when she looked at him. He missed her arms around him to calm him. He missed her sweet laugh when they played. He missed everything about her. He want more than anything to hear her say softly that everything will be alright.

Alex sighed sadly as he turned the keys pushing the door.

"SURPRISE" he heard loudly. He stared as he saw that all his family were there.

He smiled when he saw Nana standing with a gift in her hand in the corner. He thanked everyone without taking his green eyes off Narmen's golden ones. He smiled at her as she came to congratulate him.

He couldn't hold back his happiness as he saw the necklace. He hugged her tightly in his arms. She hugged him back holding the tears that threatened to fall.

"I missed you Narmen" said Alex as he held her in his strong arms.

"Me too" whispered Nana.. "and happy birthday"

"and to you too. I'm sorry i didnt get you one" said Alex as she gave him his gift.

"I wasn't expecting one from you anyway" she said looking at the ground sadly.

"Nana-" said Alex sad.

"alex, can i talk to you? Its about.. Ehh.. your FRIEND Sean" said Narmen trying to hide her disgust at "FRIEND".

They went to the back garden so they can have some privacy. Narmen then stopped and turned to him anger in her gold eyes. She was thinking bout how broken her friend looked. Alex got worried from that look as he turned to her.

"Alex, tell your stupid friend, Sean, not to get near my friend Ellen ever again. And if he touched a single hair of hers, i'll make sure i kill him with my bare hands!" said Narmen threatingly as her face became red with anger.

"what did he do for all this?" asked Alex confused.

"he dumped her after using her. You didn't see how broken she was! Ellen is a delicate, sensitive little creature. And Sean doesn't even deserve her tears. He is a stupid, selfish, evil creature. He is a b*tch who thinks he is the most handsome guy ever! He broke many girls' hearts for fun" shouted Narmen as she stared into his green eyes.

"just like you.." she whispered sadly as tears welled in her eyes. She closed her eyes in grief.

"Nana, can you hear me out please" said Alex as he held her hands gently.

She opened her eyes and looked at him.

"look, Nana! I know I caused you pain all these years, and i really feel bad for your hurt" said Alex gently.

"so what you feel towards me is guilt?" said Narmen.

"no, you know it is not like that! You know me!" said Alex with raised eyebrows.

"Really, Alex I'm not sure if i know you anymore" said narmen as she closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Alex, i have to go. We will talk bout this later" said Narmen as she waved running to her car.

Alex stood there, his green eyes watched Narmen as she ran to the car.

He felt like history is repeating itself. It was like the day they argued, watching her run away from him angry crying.

He didn't want it to happen again. It took him everything not to ran and hold her, and make her sit while he tells her everything he felt. But he was now angry and he can hold her too tight or harm her now. He had to get this anger out on anything.. And quickly.

Alex ran to the house, pushing people out of his way as he got up the stairs. He entered his room and locked it. He had to hit anything Now.

He hit his fist on the door hard that it left a mark. He held the vase ready to throw it on the floor when he noticed what he was gonna do. He put it in its place, his hand shaking crazily. He then stared at his shaking hands, remembering the crying shaking Narmen. He then fell on his knees hard.

"I AM THE STUPIDEST GUY EVER." he shouted loudly as he held the carpet angrily in his hands. "She was always there for me, caring for me and i chose friends i barely knew over her! How could i be that cruel?!" he whispered to himself harshly.

" I'm gonna talk to Sean" he said standing up and turning towards the door.