29. Needing You

{ The photo on the right is Sam, Alex and Hex's little brother }

29. Needing You

The large old brown clock hanging on the wall broke the silence, as it struck 12.

It was Midnight now …

Narmen sat on her bed hugging her knees, rocking her body slowly in an attempt to give herself comfort. Her caramel eyes stared at her cell phone next to her pleadingly, wishing it to ring. She had been sitting like that for two hours now, since she told Mike to leave. He had been with her since the school day ended trying to cheer her up, as she put on a fake smile to please him. But two hours ago she told him that she was tired and needed to sleep so he would go … In reality, she just needed to be alone.

Narmen sighed closing her eyes in frustration. She has called Nora once school was finished, to make sure everything was alright with the whole emergency, but her phone was dead. She then called Wanda to ask her about Nora, but she never answered. Narmen then sent her a message telling her to call her as soon as she sees the message.

And what made it worse … Alex.

She had called Aunt Catherine about 13 times asking her if Alex has returned home but the answer was always the same … Not Yet. Narmen kept thinking to herself about how he looked sad today when he saw her with Mike; she feared that he had done something to himself.

Ring … Ring

Narmen quickly pulled out of her worried thoughts as she snatched the cell phone off of her bed and answered it.

“Hey Narmen, I am sorry really I didn’t answer! It is just my phone was in silent mode and I forgot to …” said Wanda through the phone quickly, with guilt. Narmen cut her off with a sigh of relief. Thank God Wanda is ok thought Narmen to herself.

“It is fine Wanda. I just wanted to ask about Nora. Her phone is dead and I couldn’t contact her” Narmen said worriedly. Wanda sighed sadly before answering.

“Don’t worry; I just passed by her place before returning home. Nora is fine; it was just her little brother’s crazy ideas again.” Said Wanda’s reassuring voice, calming Narmen instantly. Wanda knew that it was all a lie and that she just returned from Sean’s place and never went by Nora’s today but she knew Narmen needed to hear this.

“Ok then, Wanda I will see you and Nora tomorrow then so we can hang out a bit.” asked Narmen with a small smile. It made her better that Nora is alright. The week end will begin tomorrow but she didn’t feel happy about it, knowing Alex won’t spend it with her. She wanted to go to him and tell him about how she was sorry … to tell him her feelings, but a small part of her feared that this might destroy their relationship.

They are cousins, for god’s sake!

“Sure Nana! Bye” said Wanda with soft loving voice before hanging up. Narmen sighed as she stared at her cell phone’s wallpaper. It was a picture of her and Alex about 3 years ago. Alex was sitting on one knee infront of her, while kissing her hand while his eyes stared at her lovingly. Narmen was sitting on a couch while staring at him shyly.