Chapter 51: Throwback

*Jesse's POV*

Why now? Why is my relationship with Harry suddenly going down the drain? It wasn't supposed to be like this. 

When I got home, I took a shower to freshen up and to remove the sticky feeling I got from the rain. After, I changed in to my pyjamas and suprisingly I still chose to wear one of Harry's shirts despite of what's happening. I guess it's the one thing I could hold on to for now. 

I sat by my window pane as I stared at the drops of rain staining my window. Somehow, the sound of it makes me feel at ease. The rain drops falling from the sky is like how my relationship is failing. 

A couple of minutes passed, I finally decided to go to the kitchen and eat a tub of Ben & Jerry's ice cream. It's the only thing that can help me feel a little less depressed. 

I settled on my couch, bending and bringing my knees against my chest. The weather's just so cosy. 

My hair was in a messy bun so I probably look like a really depressed teenager right now, but I don't have those eyeliner and mascara marks on my face, so I probably don't look that ugly. 

The only audible thing from the living room is the rain. And probably the sound of the spoon full of ice cream that's interacting with my mouth. I was never really a TV person, so I didn't turned it on.

As I was almost finished with my tub, I heard a sharp knock on my door. It was powerful yet it was slow. 

It's pouring cats and dogs, who's gonna be walking in the streets at this time? 

I lazily dragged my feet across the floor as I abruptly open the door. 

I let out a gasp with what I saw.

It was Harry, he was looking down on the floor. He was drenched and soaked in rain, water drops dripping from his hair and clothes.

He looked up to my suprised face. "I'm sorry." 

His eyes were so gloomy, you can tell he wasn't his cheeky self. His hands were on his sides as the rain continued to pour on him, his hair less curlier after being dampen by the rain. His dimples wasn't in sight.

I didn't say anything, I stayed quiet in fact. I stepped closer to him and hugged him. I couldn't care less if he was wet, even though hugging him means I'm gonna get myself wet. 

"I'm sorry, Jess. I'm so so sorry." He kept on repeating in my ear. 

We just hugged for at least five minutes. No words were spoken. When we pulled away, he looked at me, with pure sincerity in his eyes. 

"I screwed up again, didn't I?" He said with a little laugh at the end, but obviously he was just trying to brighten up the mood.

I believe my eyes spoke for me. I just looked at him and his facial expression changed. "I'm really sorry, Jesse."

"I think you've said a lot of sorry's today, don't you think?" 

"Sor-" before he can finish the word, he saw my raised eyebrow so he knew he shouldn't say another sorry again.

"Look, it's alright." I told him.

"But's it's not, Jesse. It's not. You make me feel guilty."

"Leave it, Haz. It's alright, really." I smiled at him as he held my hand and pulled me into a hug, still under the pouring rain.

"So, you walked in the rain just to say sorry?" I asked while hugging him.

"It was worth it." I can feel a smile creeping on my face as he said it. "Well, I have to go home now then."  He gave me that look that says I should pity him and not let him go home, and ofcourse it worked.