Chapter 40: Married

*Jesse's POV*

"So, do you want a corndog?" Harry asked when it was our turn to give our order.

"I think I'll have candy floss, please." I requested.

We were at the carnival in Harry's hometown. Gemma and his boyfriend was also with us, but we kinda separated so we can have our ...privacy? And it would prevent people from noticing us. So far, no one has noticed Harry, it must be because it was 8:30 in the evening and the lightning is not... bright enough for people to notice. But I must say, the lights are in different color which looked really lovely. 

As Harry handed me the candy floss I asked for, we started strolling. There was rides like the ferris wheel, roller coasters, a carousel but they're not as extreme as those you see in amusement parks. Booths were also present, and let me tell you that there's a massive line at the kissing booth. Typical. 

"Hey Harry." Someone called him. Me and Harry both looked behind to see that it was only Sean. Luckily, he isn't with his cousin, Isabelle. We wouldn't want to start a fight again, do we?

"Oh hey, mate." Harry greeted him. He walked a little bit away from me to get closer to Sean, but I didn't mind. I wasn't really keen in talking to him. Instead I grabbed my phone and went on twitter so I don't look alone and awkward. 

Since Harry and Sean wasn't that far away from me, I can still hear their conversation even with the carnival noise. 

"Mate, look at that chick." Sean told Harry, pointing to the girl in the kissing booth. "She's hot.

Harry chuckled, "Yeah, she's okay." Harry's choice of words made me giggle a little bit.

"C'mon mate, let's line up. Wouldn't you want to kiss those lips?" He asked Harry, still referring to the kissing-booth girl, "I've got some girl mates here and they can keep Jesse company while we're lining up. Don't worry, she doesn't have to know we're doing this." Sean finished. This made my smile turn into something more serious. I swear if Harry agrees, I will---

"No, thank mate. I'd rather kiss my girlfriend than that... girl." Harry confirmed which made me grin like a fool. "I'll see you around." He bid his farewell to Sean as he gave him a light tap on the shoulder.

Now he was on his way back to me. As he slung an arm around me, I asked him, "so, what did he say?"

"Nothing." he kissed my forehead and pulled me closer to chest. "C'mon" he continued as we also continued walking. 

We both queued to ride the ferris wheel. It was a long line, but it went quickly. The ferris wheel was not as big as what you expect them to be, but this ferris wheel was high enough for me to get scared. As you can tell, I'm not really a fan of heights. 

"C'mon." Harry took my hand as he escorted me to our "capsule", as they would say in the London Eye. 

"We're number 3!" Harry chirped as we started moving, referring to the number of the capsule we're on. You see, Harry asked me to be his girlfriend on the 3rd of August. So, every 3rd of the month was our monthsary. 

It suprised me how he acknowledged the number 3, it felt really nice. Nice that he remembered and knowing that somehow that number's special to him. 

I gave him a quick smile. We were facing each other to keep the balance. But he shifted beside me. He just passionately looked into my eyes. 

Sometimes it feels nice when someone looks into your eyes and they grin so beautifully, but Harry's stare was too long and it resulted to me letting out a laugh. "What?" 

He gave me a genuine smile before he said the words: "Now that I love you, I'm afraid to lose you." 

My heart was about to explode. You know the feeling when it's just too much and you just want to explode. I can feel my cheeks heat and turn to a pink-red color. I didn't even notice that we were on top of the ferris wheel, I look down and jump a little bit in fright. But Harry's hand tightened around my waist.