Chapter 56: Stay

*Harry's POV*

"Harry! Harry!" Louis yelled as he ran in the white halls towards me. Following him was the rest of the gang, Danielle, Liam, Zayn, and Eleanor. 

I was sat in a seat attached to a wall, my head was buried in my hands and my thoughts were just a big pile of mess. I couldn't even think straight. Niall was sat beside me, his back was leaning on the wall with his hands crossed against his chest. Just by looking at him, I know he was thinking something deep. Bernice didn't come with us, she thinks she doesn't belong to our group anymore because of what she did to Jesse, but it wasn't her fault. Ofcourse, I was kinda mad or pissed of with her when I found out she was helping Denisse and Isabelle with their plans, but I know she wouldn't do it if she had a choice. 

Denisse and Isabelle was now in the police station, sorting out the shooting incident and Bernice chose to go with them, though she isn't in trouble since she's a victim too. 

Jesse, on the other hand is in the operation room right now. The bullet went through her chest. I don't know specifically where because when the gun went off, Jesse fell to the ground and there was a massive blood stain on her shirt, and I couldn't figure out where the blood was coming out from. I stared at her before everything that just happened registered in my mind. I crouched beside her as she was calling my name. 

"Harry, Harry.. please don't leave me." She said, I tightened my grip around her hand. Tears started to fall on her face, it hurt me to see her like that, knowing that I couldn't do anything to help her and ease the pain. All I can do in that moment was just stay by her side. 

"Don't worry, baby, I'm here, you'll be fine." My voice reassured her before I kissed her on the forehead, it felt like there's a lump in my throat that made it so hard for me to speak. I was on the verge of crying, but I didn't want to cry. Niall soon came beside me, telling me that the ambulance and the police was on their way. I nodded, but I didn't look at him. My full and undivided attention was with Jesse. Her baby brown eyes were staring into mine, I could see pain in them but there was a hint of happiness, knowing that it was because of me, because I was there. 

The ambulance came and placed Jesse on a stretcher, they let me and Niall ride in with her. While the police arrested Denisse and Isabelle. Bernice, still choosing to be a good cousin to Denisse, came with them.

Jesse was rushed into the emergency room. Me and Niall ran with the nurses as they brought her there, the doctor told me that Jesse has lost too much blood and they will try their best to do everything they can to help Jesse live. They didn't allow me and Niall inside the ER so we waited outside. Niall called Liam straight away, and just like that they were all gathered here.

"What happened?" Liam said but it came out as a yell to me. Everyone was worried, Jesse was like the glue in the group, she was the one who made us stick out with each other. And knowing that she might not even be here anymore kills. They kept asking me questions but I couldn't answer because I know that the moment I speak will be the moment that I would break down. Instead Niall answered for me, I know he's just as hurt as me but I know that he knows that I didn't want to talk about it so he answered for me. He told them how Jesse got this threatening texts, how I almost had a car accident, about Jesse's house, about how Bernice was related to Denisse, about how he isn't sure if Bernice actually liked him, about how Denisse and Isabelle came and about how Jesse got shot. 

All of them were in awe. Then I spoke up, I told them how the doctor told me that she lost too much blood. And that she might die, they told me to think positive. But if I do, I'm just making it harder for myself. It's better to face reality than believe in a make-believe story. I don't want to think that she might still be alive when I know a bit of my conscience says that she won't be. Ofcourse I'd like her to wake up and live, but it's always safer to be realistic.