Chapter 72- A Hero Arrives

Kami stood still in the middle of the Colosseum as a fire attack large enough to cover part of the arena engulfed him.

The temperature rose rapidly for a few seconds before the flames dissipated as Kami stood in the same exact same spot smiling.

Himari lowered her staff and gave a slight sigh followed by a refreshing smile and spoke.

"I still can't do much even with my increase in strength."

"Ah, that's only because you're challenging me. That's hardly what I call a fair fight", he replied as he activated his [Data] skill.

[Status Bar]

Name: Himari Chiba

LVL:12

EXP: 156/6000

Title: Loli In-Training

Class: Companion/ Mage

HP: 975/975

Stamina: 935

Mana: 1030/1030

Strength: 932

Endurance: 974

Intelligence: 1019

Dexterity: 937

Charisma: 950

Wisdom: 986

"You're title still hasn't changed, that's a bit disappointing. I was kind of looking forward to getting rid of it." Kami commented as he closed off her stats from his sight.

"Me too..." Himari mumbled.

She seemed equally disappointed but it seemed like it was for an entirely different reason.

Kami looked up at the open sky which was now growing darker once more signaling the end of the day.

After getting a few paperwork done back at the castle they had been allowed to leave once more and travel around the city. He had suggested that they go and visit the colosseum in which they would be fighting tomorrow. It had been hours since he had stood here training Himari a bit but she only seemed more and more disappointed with herself the more Kami swatted away her every attack.

"Didn't that glasses dragonkin guy ask us to be back for the feast around this time. We're probably missing it as it is."

Himari nodded her head in agreement as she walked towards Kami.

"Hmmm, come to think of it, events have been kind of moving past me kind of strangely. It's like times moving a bit fast these couple of days don't you think? Suddenly I'm breaking the curse, the next I'm being released from jail and now we're here. Like a badly paced novel or something..." Kami commented as he stared blankly into the sky.

Himari looked at him in confusion as Kami continued to fix his gaze on the sky.

He finally shrugged and smiled down at her.

"Once we're done with this friendly competition business we can go to some shops where they sell skills. I'm sure the Draconian Empire capital city has a good collection of them. We can probably start teaching you a few more advanced skills instead of the basic once you know."

Himari returned the smile and wrapped herself around Kami's arm.

"Thank you, Mister Kami!"

Ahhh so we're back on Mister Kami. It seems she hasn't made up her mind on what to call me yet. Fine by me either way.