Chapter 37- Regrouping

Himari lifted her staff along with the Witch Doll and chanted out loud.

"Fire Strike!"

A strike of fireballs headed towards the Ghoul in front of her from both Himari's and the Witch Dolls cast barraging it with a set of fiery explosions.

Himari began panting heavily from the constant casting of skills. She had been pulling the Ghoul around for quite some time now but it seemed to be taking little to no damage from her skills. She felt it was lucky that the Ghoul was mostly just following her around than actually attempting to attack her. Himari had tried to lose it by flying away but as soon as she got far away the Ghoul would start moving faster and almost instantly catch up to her. Once it did catch up it would once again start moving ever so slowly.

She thought it was a bit creepy and had decided it would be best if she tried to run from it but she felt like this was going nowhere. It had been nearly an hour since she had tried to take this Ghoul down but here it was, standing in front of her, unaffected by anything she was throwing at it.

The Ghoul emerge from the smoke and slowly made its way towards Himari once again.

"T-this thing is creepy and won't stop following us Chibiaru, any ideas how to escape?"

The Witch Doll looked back at her and shrugged its tiny shoulders as if to indicate it didn't know what to do either.

"Maybe if we can freeze it... okay then!"

Himari lifted her staff once more and shouted out.

"Ice!"

A block of Ice suddenly appeared in front of the Ghoul and smacked itself against it. The Witch Doll followed up on the cast and used the same [Ice] skill as Himari.

"Keep it up Chibiaru!"

Himari continuously casted [Ice] as the atmosphere around them became colder with each cast. It only took a few seconds but the Ghoul became covered by a layer of ice and soon slowed to a halt.

Himari dropped to the floor catching her breath as the Witch Doll waddled up to her and placed its stubby arm on hers checking if she was alright.

"W-we did it. We can't kill it but we can make sure it won't follow us anymore."

At times like this she really wished Kami was here so he would at least be able to tell her exactly how strong this creature was supposed to be. She had aimlessly been fighting all sorts of monsters this whole time without being aware as to how strong they really are or not.

"I-if he was here it wouldn't matter, he would have just killed it instantly"

She continued to sit on the ground for a while as she silently activated her [ManaGen] skill. The Witch Doll did the same which only doubled the effect of her Mana Regeneration.

Suddenly the ice layer that was covering the Ghoul began to crack. Himari immediately took notice and stared as the ice continued to break.

It was almost too quick as the layer of ice completely was broken and the Ghoul rushed up to her.

She was surprised by the sudden speed change in the Ghoul and realized she had a small window of time to move herself from the line of attack. Himari activated [Fly] almost instinctively as she levitated onto the air just in time for the Ghoul to rush past her.

The Ghoul continued to run past her until it crashed into the wall and fell backwards.

"It broke free so fast... I don't think we have enough time to get away..."