Chapter 49- One Sided Battle

Asahi ran up to the beast as he yelled out.

"Shield Bash!"

His shield gave a light glow slamming it against the front of the Centaur.

Once again, the Centaur stood unaffected by his attack raising its free hand and swiping down on Asahi.

Asahi twisted the shield to his side as the blow from the Centaurs hit sent him flying to the side. It was like the Centaur was simply swatting away a fly that was annoying him.

The rest of the first group broke in cold sweat attempting to hold their shields up trying to make sure they wouldn't be the next ones in its target list.

Everyone knew that at this point they were incapable of running away. This barrier was preventing them from escaping and as long as the Centaur wanted they would stay in there until it chose to kill them all.

"Fight with everyone you have humans. I assure you that I will drag this until you are completely hopeless. Only then will I deliver you onto the hands of death."

The Centaur stood still once more looking down at them.

"F-fight! We have to live remember! W-we can't die here yet!" yelled out a random adventurer.

Suddenly there was an outcast of skills being launched at the Centaur once more. Hopeless as it was they still wanted to survive and they would give it their all if it meant that there was only a small chance of getting out.

Hiromichi ran up to the Centaur as he jumped onto the air nearing its face.

"Tch! I'm the Wild Beast Tamer of the North and there's no way in hell a creature like you is going to show me off. I'll kill you myself if I have to! Claw Strike!"

He swung his arm at the Centaurs face only to recoil backwards from the sturdiness of its helmet.

"Son of a-"

It was all he managed to say as the Centaur launched Hiromichi against the barrier with a swift movement of his axe. Luckily the Centaur had decided to hit him only with the hilt of his weapon as Hiromichi hit the barrier and fell down onto the ground.

"Agh! M...mother...ugh..."

Hiromichi rolled on the ground for a bit before the Centaur spoke once again.

"Is there no one among you who stands out? Face me with everything otherwise, this can't possibly be it."

The attacks slowly came to a halt as they began losing hope that their attacks would do anything. The adventures began to panic and began backing away from the Centaur as slow as they possibly could.

Himari frowned as she lifted her staff and yelled out.

"Witch Doll!"

Once more the small little doll appeared in front of her as she nodded her head at it. The Witch Doll began running up to Centaur readying itself for its self-destruct ability. Once it was close enough it jumped onto the air and caused a large explosion.

The explosion was big enough that the rest of the group had to cover themselves up from it. The front line was knocked back from the blast as they stared at the red flames engulfing the Centaur in front of them.

"H-holy crap what was that?"

"T-that little girl just casted some weird magic. That was too powerful for someone her age."

"W-wait was she not with the Hero of Tyr back in the capital."

"Y-yeah and so was that big guy who got knocked down claiming to be the Wild Beast Tamer of the North"