Chapter 20- Small Celebration

Kami took a zip from his beverage as the others in the bar roared raising their own drinks in a cheering motion. There was music and laughter in the bar as the adventurers had gathered to celebrate the killing of the beast who had attacked their city.

"Alright next rounds on me guys!" Kami said as he placed 40 pieces of gold on the table. Once again, the bar roared in cheers.

The girl bartender picked up the money becoming flustered at the amount of gold Kami had placed down.

"T-This is more than you need to p-pay Mr. Kami, this can cover 200 drinks."

Kami looked at the crowd once again and shouted.

"Next 200 drinks are on me!"

The crowd, as if by custom, cheered once again.

The bar was overwhelmed with people trying to get in and drink with the Hero of the day. Many came across the city to just get a look at him or be able to at least thank him for his deeds.

Kami walked towards a small table at the side of the bar holding his drink and sat in front of his own personal group.

Himari was swinging her legs back and forth smiling as she rocked her head.

Marie and Asahi simply smiled when they saw Kami sit with them.

Keishi on the other hand was still acting cold and just took a zip from his own drink and looked outside the window.

"You saved the city like you did with us Young Kami. I should expect no less from you. I'm not a strong supporter of the Gods but I can't deny that you are definitely a blessing." spoke Asahi.

"T-truly your benevolence is with no ending! Goddess Iatra choose wisely when she- blessed you as the Hero of Tyr." said Marie holding herself back.

"Whatever, we're in the city, now what's the next move?" spoke Keishi.

Kami leaned on his hand as he looked at them. He wasn't sure what to do from this point. His whole goal had been to get to this city and now that he was here it had been completely destroyed. There wasn't much to do at this point since they would be focused on rebuilding but he would have a look around and maybe find his next destination.

"We are going to head on over to the Adventure's Guild and report ourselves. Perhaps there is something we can do around here to help or maybe a quest to fulfill." said Asahi leaning forward onto the table.

"We would love for you to come with us if you want or can stick around I mean." she said looking directly into his eyes in a hopeful manner.

Kami leaned back and looked at Himari as she smiled at him and continued to swing her legs around.

"I'm not sure myself at this point. I will probably follow you guys to the Adventurer Guild and sign myself up as an Adventurer. I don't think I'm officially one yet and would love to get this whole questing thing a go."

"Hm, is that so? I would have thought someone like yourself would have been an adventurer from a much younger age considering your strength. You must have recently received this blessing of yours then." replied Asahi as he picked up his glass and chugged.

"Whoa, you sure can take a drink there Asahi-sama." Kami said looking at him finish the whole thing.

Asahi chuckled as he placed his glass down with a heavy thud on the table.

"So, how's this whole adventurer guild thing work?" asked Kami

"Tsk, wish that Hiromichi guy was here to tell you how much of an idiot you sound when you ask stuff like that." replied Keishi still avoiding looking at him and just staring out the window.