Chapter 9- The Cursed Woods

"We've been at this for hours I don't think your wolf is taking us back to the road"

They had been following the Feral Giant Wolf around for a few hours now with no luck in finding their way back to the road. The sun was beginning to set as they continued to walk but no matter how far they went they would find themselves surrounded by trees.

"Listen kid, this wolf here is a natural born tracker if we can't find the way back it means somethings up around here!" yelled out Hiromichi.

"Are we lost here Mr. Kami?" Himari voice spoke from the top of Kami's head.

"Ahhh don't worry too much Himari, we'll find the way back" he replied.

She had grown tired of walking all this time and Kami had offered to carry her on his shoulders. Kami wasn't very worried either way about being lost in the forest. If he really wanted to he could just get everyone out of here in an instant but he decided to let things play out as normally as he could.

"Tsk! It's getting pretty late anyway. We should set up camp and rest" Hiromichi recommended.

"Great that sounds like a plan" Kami stopped walking and stared at him.

There was a moment of silence where they all simply stared at each other before Hiromichi yelled out.

"Did you not bring any supplies?!"

"Why, didn't you?" Kami asked as he stared dumbfounded at him.

"I'm your prisoner you idiot!!! Great we're gonna starve and die of cold out here in the middle of nowhere cause you're possibly the worst adventurer out there!"

There never really is anything like camping and stuff in RPGs. It's usually I save and turn the game off and on as I please, my characters never need to rest. Ahh this mixture of real life makes it a lot harder.

"Relax, we're not going to starve and die out here. I would expect the mighty Wild Beast Tamer of the North to be able to survive a night out here in the wild considering your name."

"Tsk, I can take care of myself! Don't expect me to help you out though!!" replied an angry Hiromichi

"That's fine, could at least help out Himari then. I'm going to take a look around and see if I can get some idea as to where we really are."

He grabbed Himari from his shoulders and gently placed her down on the ground. She looked at him with panic in her eyes as she spoke.

"Mister Kami I want to come with you! What if he tries to hurt me or worse!" she begged as she looked back at Hiromichi with suspicious eyes.

"W-what does that even mean?! You know I was gonna help you out little twerp but forget it! Stay with that guy see if he'll keep you alive." said Hiromichi as he walked up to his wolf and placed a scroll on it.

The Feral Giant Wolf immediately disappeared as he put away the scroll and looked around.

"Hmmm fair point, alright new plan we should just...stick together. I can't risk you doing some suspicious animal instinct based act on this child you Beast and at the same time I can't risk you running off on me. You're my pot of gold, so guess we camp!" said Kami in an enthusiastic tone as though he had come up with the best idea.

Himari clapped her hands and nodded her head in agreement as Hiromichi looked at Kami in a furious stare.

"T-that's what I just said we should do!"

In just a few minutes Kami and Hiromichi had set a small camp. Kami had started a fire from some of the wood laying around the area and Hiromichi had found some apples and berries from some nearby trees and brushes. At first, he was reluctant to share but eventually he gave in and gave some to both of them.