Chapter 30

Tiana's POV

The next day was a mess, the fight happened a lot of Serpents had fallen. Some left the land others joined the Ghoulies. Most of Sunnyside burned down in the fires laid by Malachai. 

The only happy thing that happened was the return of Fangs Forgaty who remained alive. The Sheriff worked with Hiram Lodge, he thought if Fangs would be called dead then the Serpents were angry enough to go to war with the Ghoulies. 

I walked down the long corridor of the hospital, walking towards room 347. Jughead's room. 

FP sat in a chair asleep, while Jug had his eyes closed. I stayed quiet and tried my best to close the door quietly. "T?", FP asked. "Yeah, I hope it's okay I visit. I wasn't able to come here yet", I smiled at the man. 

"Of course", FP said and got up pulling me in a tight hug, which caught me off guard. "Thank you, the Ghoulies weren't able to kill him because you were there. Thank you so much Tiana", he said placing a kiss on my forehead. 

"I would do it again", I told him. 

"Dad?", Jugheads voice cracked. "T?", he asked making FP and I turn towards him quickly. 

"What did I miss?", he asked chuckling, a smile spread over my face as I hugged him quickly. "What you and T did, brought every Serpent I ever knew out of the woodwork. You would have been proud", FP explained his son, squeezing my arm lightly. 

"It looked like we were gonna win, but in the end, there was just-just too many Ghoulies. It was like shooting snakes in a barrel", FP said lowering his head. "Why? Why did you go?", Jug asked. 

"To avenge you", FP said. "We had an agreement with Hiram", Jug insisted sitting up slightly.

"There was no stopping the others. They were churned up about us and Fangs. Even though Fangs. He is alive", I explained to my bruised best friend. 

"Fangs is alive?", Jug asked excitedly. "But I thought a deputy told you he was dead?".

"Yeah that was a lie", FP told his son. "A play, you mean. To goad the Serpents into a fight they couldn't win. All of Riot Night was a Hiram Lodge-orchestrated mousetrap. The Serpents followed me into it", Jug muttered. 

"Sunnyside Trailer Park fell. Your trailer's still standing but most trailers burned like Sweets. After the rumble, some of the Serpents defected. They joined the Ghoulies. Others were arrested. More went into hiding. The rest", I told him not finishing the last part. 

"The Serpents... they don't exist anymore", FP lied because all of the still standing Serpents hid out in the Whyte Wyrm, "We had our time. Nothing for you to do but to get better and to be there for Betty".

"Betty? What happened with Betty?", Jug asked not knowing that the Black Hood was caught, he was also known as Hal Cooper. 

*

"And with that, it's official. Congratulations you two", Attorney McCoy smiled at my sister and I after we signed the emancipation files. 

"With Nana Blosson as our guardian, and us as her youthful ward. Mummy and Uncle Claudius strangled on our life and happiness has ended", Cheryl smiled at McCoy. 

"I will file the papers and send these letters of separation to your mother", she smiled but I grabbed the papers.

"No need. She and our odious uncle are living in one of the barns. We will happily deliver this missive", I smiled at her. 

Soon Cheryl and I walked towards the barn, where our mother and uncle were living currently. 

The door was cracked open as we reached the barn. "Especially with Fred", uncle Claudius voice echoed through the barn. "Now, now, Claudius", our mother said.