Chapter 28

Tiana's POV

After we waited for too long the serpents and I realized we had to take Fangs to the hospital by ourselves.

FP and Jughead placed him in the truck while I drove with them. The other Serpents stayed behind, they were too angry to come with us.

"We need a doctor", I yelled. "Ma'am wait your turn", the nurse snapped at me, I send her a death glare and was about to rip her head off.

"He was shot", I mumbled. "Step back", FP told me, shoving me behind me. He punched the counter and yelled, "He was shot!".

"Hey! What's going on?", my old doctor asked. "Tiana?", he asked confused. "My friend he was shot", I explained.

"Hey, get me a gurney", the doctor yelled sending me a warm smile. The nurses put him on the gurney carefully.

"Hang in there, Fangs. You won't die" I said to the boy. "I hope, I am so scared T", he whispered up at me his eyes glazed.

"You will make it Fangs and I will be right here when you wake up", I said and placed a kiss on his forehead before they drove him away.

After Fangs was driven away Jughead started taking off for the door but FP and I ran after him. "Where are you going?", I asked.

"To find the guy who shot Fangs", he mumbled. "You're not going. Not with people rioting", FP told his son, "You're angry Jug, you want justice? So do I. You've got a fallen soldier, and we need to talk to his family. That's part of being a leader".

"Some leader I am", Jughead mumbled. "Don't go down that road", I said.

*

"Excuse me. How's Fangs Forgaty?", I asked a nurse. "He's still in surgery sweety", she replied. "I wanna talk to him as soon as he wakes up", Sheriff Minetta said.

"Sheriff Minetta?", Jug asked, "Shouldn't you be looking for who shot Fangs?".

"There's a manhunt underway. Your Serpent pals aren't making things easy. Rioting, carousing, terrorizing. Already arrested a few", Minetta explained, I immediately thought of Sweets. Hopefully, he wasn't one of the arrested Serpents.

"Fangs wouldn't have a lug in his gut if you had done your job", I scoffed at the Sheriff. "I don't know the details of your parole, but I'm certainly harassing an officer would violate them", he snapped back at me.

"I am going", Jug chuckled and I joined him. I had a feeling that my boyfriend was at the High School and that's where I took off to, while Jug went another way.

*

I quickly slipped in one of the side entrances of our school. When I walked in I heard shouting, grunting and things shattering.

I sighed before running down the hallway and into the main hall.

That's when I saw the Serpents destroying our school, trashing the rooms, slicing the school's logo all this kind of funny stuff.

"Serpents! Stop!", I heard. Just then Archie, Moose, Kevin, and serval other Bulldogs walked into the hall with baseball bats in their hand.

Just then Sweets spotted me and gave me a confused look.

"Well, fellas. Looks like we found some Bulldogs to put down", Sweet Pea said with an undertone that made my skin crawl.

"Sweet Pea. I swear, Reggie didn't shoot Fangs", Archie explained. "Sweets, babe. Calm down", I told my boyfriend who just shrugged me off.

"It was Misses Klump", Kevin told the younger Serpents. "I saw Mantle with a gun", Sweets insisted.

"Then you saw me tackle him before he got shot off. It was Midge's mom. She's down at the station", Archie explained.