Chapter 25

Tiana's POV

The entire school was going insane over the Carrie musical, Kevin directed. Today was the first cast meeting and practice. 

I decided to wear a white dress, with Red flowers on it. I paired it with a beige colored cardigan and some beige colored high heel ankle boots. 

Cheryl had talked me into one of the roles in the Carrie musical. Since Kevin was directing it and took some changes he gave me the role of Carrie's sister, Victoria( LOL that's my name), obviously a role he made up. 

It was a small role and nothing serious, the other cast members were Archie, Betty, Veronica, Ethel (Ugh), Josie, Mose, Toni, and Midge. 

We all did some vocal warming up and sat down in the chair circle later on. 

"Okay, next. Introductions", Kevin announced. "I'm, uh, Archie. I'm playing Tommy Ross, the boy next door", Archie smiled at the cast. 

"I'm Betty, I play Sue Snell, the good girl", Betty introduced herself. "Veronica Lodge, playing mean girl, Chris Hargensen", I couldn't help but laugh inside of my head, how well the roles were cast. 

"I'm Tiana Blossom, Carrie White's sister, Victoria White", I smiled unimpressed. "I'm Cheryl Blossom", my sister smiled standing up, "Playing the iconic role of Carrie White". 

"Ugh ear bleeds", Ethen scoffed making me snap my head in her direction. "What did you say you little-", but Cheryl send me a warning look. 

Suddenly there was chair squeaking, as Fangs dragged his chair in the circle. Did I mention he was Kevin's assistant? No, well that's interesting. 

"Who's playing your mom, Margaret White?", Mose asked. "I am", Alice Cooper's voice echoed over the stage. 

"Mom", Betty asked a little shocked. "Wait, seriously?", I asked excitedly. I loved Alice, she was such a strong person and such an icon. 

"Settle down. It's untraditional", Kevin smiled at us. "Hold this", Alice ordered as she shoved her script into Ethel's little dumb hands. Yes, Alice, that's exactly why I like you. 

"But nothing's more amateur than age-inappropriate casting", Kevin explained and I had to agree, the only one that could have pulled up a mom role would be Ethel, just because she is Ethel. 

"I'm looking forward to getting to know this woman, get under her skin. And spend some time with my daughter Elizabeth", Alice smiled at her daughter. 

*

After some more instructions, the first practices began. First, we just sat there and read the script together. 

Suddenly Cheryl stood up and let me tell you if Cheryl stands up like that someone is getting his or her head chopped off. 

"I've heard whisperings that some of you ensemble-vultures don't think I'm fit to play or sing the role of Carrie White", Cheryl told us all and I knew exactly what she was about to do, "So, to settle this for once and for all... Maestro?". 

"Okay, uh Cher-", "That's not my name", my sister began to sing, making me roll my eyes slightly. 

After my sister had her little Hanna Montana moment she turned around. "I think I speak for everyone here, you are the perfect Carrie White", Kevin smiled. 

Just as Cheryl was about to walk back to us a sandbag fell down in front of her, barely missing her. Everyone gasped and I immediately shot Ethel a look. 

*

After the morning practice, the school day continued. I walked into the students' lounge and spotted both Sweet Pea and Reggie, who should I go to.