Chapter 26

Tiana's POV

It was cold as we stood at Midge's funeral dressed into our black vixen uniforms. Cheryl and I stood in the front, not holding black pompons like the other vixens but holding each other's hand. 

Cheryl sang a song as we all watched the coffin go down into the hole in the ground. Almost the entire town was there at her funeral and it was one of the saddest moments ever.

I glanced up at Sweet Pea who send me a small smile. The rest of the town was holding white tulips, Midge's favorite flowers. It was so sad that such a beautiful soul and pretty girl had fallen. 

After Cheryl was done singing we both lifted our arms slightly up as a signal for the vixens to lift their pompons. 

"I also feel it is our duty to say that, like the Furies of Ancient Greece, who pursue blood atonement when crime's committed, the vixens and we vow that we will not rest until those responsible of the murder of our sister is rightly punished", I said looking over at Sheriff Keller. 

After the Vixen's part, the ceremony kept going. Cheryl walked over to Toni and I walked over to Sweet Pea. 

He grabbed my hands as he pulled me into his chest, laying his arm around my shoulders. He kissed my head and hugged me tightly against his chest. 

I was so happy to have him at this very moment.

*

Cheryl and I walked Misses Klump to her car as support. She was still crying even though we tried to comfort her the best way we could. 

"Misses Klump?", Sheriff asked, approaching us, "I wanted you to know the department is working-". 

Before anyone could say something Misses Klump slapped him across his face. 

"You were supposed to be protecting our children. You should be ashamed of yourself", Misses Klump spat at the Sheriff. 

"Your days of failing this town over and over again are numbered, sheriff", Cheryl hissed at the Sheriff. 

I decided to stay quiet and send him a carefully smile, I couldn't be mean to the Sheriff when Kevin was one of my best friends. 

*

After Cheryl and I said our goodbyes, Sweet Pea took me to Pop's to clear my head. 

"Are you sure you are okay?", he asked scared. "Yes, I'm good", I fake smiled. "T, I know you well enough that that was a fake smile", he chuckled. 

He grabbed my hands over the table as he looked me right into my eyes. "It's just I keep seeing her dead body hanging from the wall, all the blood, and everything. I just don't want any more deaths", I explained my voice quiet in fear of it breaking. 

"Hey, look at me", he calmly said. "There will be no more deaths and it's not your fault she is dead T. No one could have done anything". 

"I know it's just so hard, she just died. She is gone, out of our lives just deleted", I muttered, taking a sip from my milkshake. "Just don't take drugs again okay, Babygirl", Sweets pleaded, I could hear the fear and hurt in his voice.