Chapter 36

"Ethan?"

He seemed so angry. I felt like I touched upon a nerve that I shouldn't have.

"I don't want to talk about it."

He said coldly. I should have just let it go. I should have stopped. Stupid me, I continued to try and pry it out of him.

"Please tell me. I'm very curious. What can I say I-"

"WILL YOU JUST DROP IT."

He shouted, causing many people to direct there attention at us. I steped back in shock. He looked sorry, but also still very angry.

"I said I don't want to talk about it to lay off."

He said calmer.

"I want to go home."

I said taking a step back.

"Fine."

He said in a harsh tone. He took out his phone and started dialling. He walked around as he talked with his mom. He had such a temper I had no idea about, or maybe it was just an extremely sensitive subject.

"She'll be here soon."

He said sitting down next to me. We sat in silence once more that night. Not the silence like before, the uncomfortable silence.

"I'm going to go wait for her outside."

Ethan said getting up. I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. I messed up, causing him to be upset and angry with me. I got up eventually and walked over to the entrance. He was standing next to a car that didn't look like his mothers at all.

"I'm going with Scott and Dylan. You can just wait here for my mom. Have her drop you off at your house."

Ethan said when he walked over to me. I just nodded. I held my tears back until he left. I did not want him to see me cry. Once the car he got into left the parking lot I broke down. What did I just do? What do I do now? I can't go home. I just can't. Not after what happened with Paul. My mother would surely take his side. I only had a few minutes before Suzanne would be there, so I had to create a plan. I knew going to Liv, Jake, or home would be a disaster. I jade no one else. I figured it out right in time. I had a perfect plan. I would have her drive me back to my neighborhood, have her drop me off at a random house, the go sleep at the park. It's not like I've never done that before. When I was little I always ran away. If my parents fought I would be out of the house within five minutes. I'm sure that page of my diary would be posted soon enough. I saw Suzanne's car pull into the parking lot and then realized my face was probably red from crying. I wiped my eyes and took a few deep breaths to steady myself. I got into the car and Suzanne looked worried.

"Where is Ethan?"