Chapter 35

My head was nuzzled into his neck. It was quite chilly, so he had given me his sweater. 

"I'm glad that you came over last night."

He said as he rested his head on mine.

"Me too, I just wish it was under better circumstances. You know?"

"Yeah, I get it. How is your back?"

"It's okay, I haven't even really thought about it."

"Good."

My stomach made a loud embarrassing noise.

"Woah, haha, are you hungry?"

"No. I think it's just, uhm, digesting."

"Digesting what? The only thing you had today was a bagel, and water. . . How about when we reach the bottom, we leave and go get something to eat?"

Eating, something I really didn't want to talk about with Ethan was the fact that I don't eat. If he found that out, then he would think of me differently. I mean, who wants to love the girl with an eating disorder.

"I uhm, I'm not that hung-"

Ethan cut me off before I could finish.

"Liar. We're getting food! Just because you're worried about costing me money doesn't mean you shouldn't eat. Plus, I don't mind spending it on you."

Money, he thinks its about money. Good.

"I really just, I don't need anything, I can eat when we get to your house."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

He kissed the top of my head and we were silent again. I loved hearing the screams of people on the rides, the wind blowing around us, and seeing all the pretty lights. I could hear just barely what song was playing, Payphone.

"I love this song!"

I whispered to Ethan. 

"Sing it."

He whispered back. That reminded me, I still wanted to know how he noticed me before when I sang.

"Ethan, you said that you noticed me before right?"

"Of course!"

"How, or why?"

"Why what? Why did I notice you?"

"Yeah. I mean, you're mister popular, and I'm the quiet girl in the back of class. It doesn't add up."

"I don't know, you just have stood out to me for a long time. I can't really put my finger on it, I've just always seen you around school, and wished I was able to hang out with you. I actually asked, uhm never mind."

I moved to the other side of the Ferris Wheel cart in order to look at him properly to get him to tell me.

"No say it! You can't do that! You can't just say you asked someone something, and then say never mind! Not allowed."

He laughed at me. 

"No really it's nothing."

"It's something Ethan. If it was important enough for you to want to tell me before, it's important enough for you to tell me now."

"Fine, I was going to say, I asked Mr. Herbert to make us partners."

"What?"

I immediately started to smile. This whole time, I've been totally in love with Ethan, he's secretly been wanting to know me too? 

"I did because, I never knew how to actually talk to you. Dorky huh?"

I laughed. I thought it was sweet that he was to shy to talk to me before, even though I found it extremely odd. How could the star of the basket ball team be scared to talk to a girl like me. I didn't get it. I'm not that special.

"Not really, it's cute."

I said smiling and I leaned back against him as he put his arm back around me. Soon enough the cart was at the ground and we were able to get off. We walked around for about another half an hour. His hand intertwined with mine. I looked over that a little boy and a little girl, who were also holding hands. They were jumping up and down waiting in line to go on the Crazy Bus. The little girl had fiery red hair, just a bit brighter than mine. Seeing her and the little boy made me remember the picture on Ethan's dresser that I wanted to ask him about. The one of him as a little boy, and the little girl who also had red hair.

"Ethan?"

"Yes Brooklyn?"

"Who was that little girl in the picture on your dresser. She had red hai-"

His face immediately had a black, and almost angry expression on it.