Chapter 31

*Start music*

"White lips, pale face

Breathing in snowflakes

Burnt lungs, sour taste

Light's gone, day's end

Struggling to pay rent

Long nights, strange men"

I was really scared. Ethan's eyes were glued onto mine. I kept glancing down at my lap and back up. I was so nervous, I never really sang in front of people seriously. I mean, sure I sang in the hallways, but that was never directed to anyone. Well other than Liv, I never sat down and sang to someone, other than her. I never thought I was truly that good. But apparently to Ethan, I was. He said he has heard me in the hallway. I haven't sang in the hallways for a few weeks. Before Ethan and I were made partners. He noticed me before? How? I always thought I was just invisible to him before we were put together. That he was just way to popular to notice me. It was probably my red hair that made me stand out. That's usually what catches peoples eyes in the hallways.

"It's too cold outside

For angels to fly

Angels to fly"

I looked over at Suzanne and she was smiling.

"Wow!" Ethan said

"I wasn't that good." I said shyly.

"No, you were better then good." he said putting his hand on my leg.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"Alright, get out you too. Eth, call me when you want me to come get you two." Suzanne said.

"Okay, thanks mom"

"Thanks Suzanne."

"Please hunny, call me Sue" I nodded and shut the door. We both started walking down the pathway, when Ethan's mom called out

"Hunny! Do you need money?" he looked back, and shook his head no, and wave for her to leave.