Chapter 23

I stompt down the stairs and stormed passed my mom.

"Hey, what happened?" my mom said grabbing my hand.

"Why don't you ask that asshole you are dying to marry." She got up and followed me. I grabbed my jacket and ran out the door. I was already at the sidewalk when my mom opened the door. I started running down the street. My back and my leg were in to much pain, but I didn't care. I was not going to be forced to stay in that house with Paul. I was down the street when I finally stopped and sat down to figure out where I could go. I got out my phone and called Liv. She didn't answer. I knew she wouldn't though, she was sleeping. I thought about calling Jake, but I didn't want to risk Liv getting mad at my for sleeping over his house. Plus I think he is with his brother tonight. I couldn't call Lance, we were friends, but not that close. That was the case with a lot of my friends. I had no one. Then I got a text.

:Heey Brooke,

It was Ethan. ETHAN! Of course, I could ask him. Him and I are closer then most of me and my friends. And I couldn'y stay outside all night.

:Heeey.. SO I have a question for you...

:Okay, shoot!

:So, I really need a place to stay tonight...

:Oh, already inviting yourself to stay over are we. haha, wait why can't you stay at your house.

:Umm, long story, ill tell you if you I see you later, but basically, I refuse to go home to be with that physco path or a boyfriend my mom is dating and im just sitting on a bus bentch hoping that ill find a place to sleep tonight.

:What did he do to you?

:I'll tell you later. I just really don't want to be on the street tonight. Liv wont answer her phone Jake is with his brother. I have no one else but you...

:Okay, well, start walking towards my house, Ill let you in, just be really quiet, because if my family sees, theyll just think your here so we can, ya know.

:Hahah, yeah, well I'm on my way.