Chapter 34

We waited in line for about five minutes. 

"Next!" 

The ticket person said. I was shaking. Sure on a roller coaster you go fast, but at least it is over fast. On a Ferris Wheel there is a good chance for you to get stopped at the top. We both sat down and it started going up. I closed my eyes tightly. 

"Don't worry. I'm right here!"

Ethan said grabbing my hand. I felt safer with him. 

"Open your eyes."

He whispered to me. Slowly I opened my eyes and I saw the most gorgeous view ever. It was starting to get dark out so all the lights on the rides were starting to turn on. The sky was the perfect shade of dark blue, and the trees around the park where the rides had been set up were a deep green.

"This... is beautiful."

I said.

"Yeah. Just like you."

Corny, but sweet.

"You sir, are a cheese ball."

I said giggling.

"A cheese ball?"

He asked cocking his head to the side.

"You're cheesy."

His face went blank. Great job Brooklyn. Really great job. I just had to say the stupidest things. A boy calls me beautiful and I insult him. Idiot!

"In a good way! I like cheese balls."

A smile came back to his face. Saved. I looked out over the view and took it all in. I had concord fears with this boy. He pushed me to try knew things. He made me sing in front of him. He helped me when I needed him. He stood up for me when I was getting made fun of. He made me smile when I was sad. This boy. . . is incredible.

"Haha what?"

Ethan said looking over at me. Shoot. Did I say that aloud. God I think I did. 

"What did I just say?"

I asked as my cheeks turned bright red.

"This boy is incredible."

"Oh."

Great, I hoped he wasn't lying to me. He could have heard my whole rant about him.

"So you think I'm incredible?"

I giggled.

"A little bit."

I shrugged. He laughed at me. 

"Thank you."

He said still laughing. His laugh was so adorable. Wait, no. Stop Brooklyn you'll say things aloud again! I thought. I turned to Ethan and looked up into his eyes. He was biting his lip again, and it was extremely sexy. His hair looked perfectly messy today. His eyes sparkled in the amusement park lights. This is perfect, I thought. His eyes were locked on mine. It was silent between us, but not the bad silence that is awkward, the kind of silence that is normal, because you both know that being near each other is enough, and that words don't need to fill up space. He leaned closer to me  our noses just touched. This is how we were before we got interrupted last time. But it was much more romantic. I still had eye contact with him, and he was staring right back at me. He closed his eyes and then. . . it happened. FINALLY! Ethan Mitchell's lips were pressed to mine. I pulled away and he smiled. 

"I like you Brooklyn. I like you alot."