Chapter 30

"So, what's your name love?" Ethan's mom asked as she was getting in the car.

"Brooklyn."

"That's a beautiful name, dear. I'm Suzanne"

"Thank you."

"It fits you well. I love your red hair, you are very pretty. My boy sure does know how to pick them."

"Mum," Ethan groaned.

"Sorry dear." She said taking a sharp left. I slid on the leather seats and bumped into Ethan. I smiled and said sorry. I scooted back over to my side of the car and buckled myself in.

"Hunny, remember, we have Dianna's party tomorrow." Ethan's mom said looking back at us.

"I know." he said pulling out his phone. I heard one of my favorite songs come on the radio. I'll be, it was my obsession in the ninth grade.

"I love this song!" I squealed. Ethan laughed at me. I started humming along with it.

"Sing it." Ethan said looking at me.

"I can't, I'm not a good singer."

"Brooke, I've heard you singing in the hallways. You are incredible. Sing." I shook my head. "Please, for me!"

"Fine." I waited till it got to the chorus.

"I'll be, your crying shoulder, I'll be love suicide. And I'll, be better when I'm older, I'll be the greatest fan of you're life." I sang looking at Ethan. I couldn't stop thinking of how sweet he was. I was falling for him. Head over feet, for him. His eyes, they were perfect. His smiled, could brighten my whole day. His laugh, could make me happy, even when I'm sad. The song finished, and I looked down at my lap.

"That was beautiful." Suzanne said. I was blushing.

"It was really good Brooklyn. You are an amazing singer!" he added.

"Thanks." my cheeks felt like they were on fire.

"Sing another!" Suzanne suggested.

"No, I really can't, I-"

"Please!" Ethan said with puppy dog eyes. I looked out the window, and then looked back at him.

"Okay, turn down the radio."