Chapter 2

I grabbed my books and stood up. I had to go to Science, and I couldn't be late, Mr. Herbert was one of the most strict teachers I've ever had. I ran to class when -being the klutz I am- fell flat on my face. I thought about just staying there. I mean, I was already down, what was the point. I felt my nose start to bleed which is the only thing that make me get up. I grabbed my books again and walked the rest of the way to science. I knocked on the door and Mr. Herbert walked over and opened it for me.

"Ahh, nice of you to join us Miss. Wells." Mr. Herbert said inviting me into the room with a sarcastic tone. He pointed me to my seat, but I didn't really see where he pointed, so I just stood still.

"We have," then he noticed my bloody nose. "Oh my, why don't I write you a pass to the nurse, I can have your new lab partner walk you down." He said making his way to his desk. He bent over and started to write me the pass.

"Your partner is Mr. Michell."

My face went blank. Ethan would be my lab partner for the rest of the year. My heart was racing. Mr. Herbert handed me my note and then Ethan opened the door and walked out. I followed him out and almost walked into the door. I was pinching my nose and was tilting my head back.

"You're supposted to tilt your head forward." Ethan said looking over at me. "It's better for you." I immediatly tilted my head down. It was really awkward walking down to the nurse. Just complete silence.