Chapter 5

I threw my bookback over my shoulder, and started to walk home. I was down the street from the school and I heard my name being called. I looked behind me and there was Ethan running towards me with a small scrap of paper in his hand, holding it up. I stopped walking and started to laugh. He caught up to me and was out of breath.

"Are you okay?" I asked smiling.

"Here. . . Is. . . My. . . Phone number. . ." he took a deep breath and he was fine again.

"Why do I need your phone number?" I asked slightly confused.

"Well duh, you're going to text me later silly." He said with a grin.

"I am?" I asked trying to process why he would want me to text him. He just nodded and smiled with a goofy smile. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Why do you leave the school so quick. I was looking for you, but I couldn't find you so I asked Lance where you were and he said you left already." he said with a frown.

"I'm. . . sorry? I just had no one to talk to, so I wasn't going to stay there if I was just gonna be by myself." I said

"You could have talked to me! We're lab partners now, so that makes us automatic friends." He said handing me the piece of paper.

"Yeah, I guess. But, I have to get going now." I turned around and started walking.

"You better text me tonight!" He said yelling down the street. I smiled to myself and just looked down. Finally something was going right.