Chapter 18

Sarah dropped us off and we walked into the hospital. Ethan went and sat in the waiting area with Josh and Aaron while I did all the paper work. When I was done I went over to Ethan and the boys and put a hospital bracelet on Josh. We waited about twenty minutes and then we were called into one of the rooms. The doctor said that it would be a little crowded if all of us were in there at the same time.

"Ethan, I know that this is asking a big favor, but do you think you can stay out in the waiting area and watch Aaron?" I felt so bad asking him that. Aaron was a really energetic kid. I could barely get him to sit still when hes with me.

"Yeah, thats fine." He said with his perfect smile.

"I'm so sorry."

"Ehh, don't worry about it. I'm sure me and Aaron will have a great time."

"Thank you so much." Then Ethan and Aaron went out of the room.

"Okay, hi buddy, I'm just going to take a look at your arm okay?" Dr. Balzano said. Josh just nodded. She inspected his arm and told us that he would need stitches. The doctor left and we waited for another fifteen minutes.

"Brooky my arm hurts really bad. Are the stitches going to hurt?" He said with a big frown on his face.

"No buggy, they're going to numb your arm though. That part is going to hurt for just a second. Then they will be able to stitch you up and make you all better. But don't you worry, you can hold my hand." Josh just nodded. Josh may only be six, but he was a trooper. When Dr. Balzano came back in she got started. She numbed him up and we were done within thirty minutes. He wound up getting fifteen stitches on his arm. We walked out to the waiting room and Ethan wasn't there with Aaron. They were gone.