Chapter 29

Ethan walked back in and I looked up at him.

"You just on the phone?" he tilted his head slightly to the side.

"Yeah, Liv, Jake, and my mom were worrying, so I called Liv, and I left her a voicemail, telling her I was okay, and that I was staying with a friend." His nodded his head, and his confused look went away.

"My mom said that she could drive us in about fifteen minutes, or so." I nodded, and then realized I had no money.

"Wait, Ethan, I don't have any money, its all at my house, and god knows I can't go back there after Paul put his hands on me."

"I told you already, it's on me."

"You did?"

"Yeah, right before I walked out if the room, maybe you didn't hear me."

"Oh, sorry, I just have a lot on my mind, I guess it went in one ear, and out the other." I said biting my lip. Ethan started laughing at me. I could feel my cheeks turning red.

"Oh, I'm not laughing at you. I just think you're kinda cute." My cheeks were even more red now. I could tell.

"Oh, haha, thanks." I got up and grabbed my bag. I pulled out my lucky bracelet and put it on. It was the only thing I had left of my real dad, so I always had it on, except when I sleep. I saw Ethan look at it, and then turn away.

"Are you both ready to go?" I heard a British voice call from down the hall.

"Yeah mom! Hold on." Ethan yelled back. I looked at him shocked.

"Your mom- you're British?" I said totally confused. He laughed his adorable laugh.

"Yeah, you didn't know that?"

"We only started talking like, a couple days ago, Ethan."

"Oh, right! But yeah, her and my dad both are. Both have accents and everything."

"That's so cool! I get to listen to her talk all the way to Moon Land? This is going to be amazing."