Chapter 16

"Hold on, my phone." Ethan said as he picked up his ringing phone. "Avery." he shrugged. I just nodded. I forgot about her. Ethan and Avery had had a thing for a while. You know, on again, off again. And as of then, they were off, I thought. He walked back in and put his phone down.

"Shes freaking out, but I don't care." he said looking upset.

"I know this might be kind of personal, but what happened between you and her?" I said pulling a chair out for him.

"Ehh, it's fine. See, I had just forgiven her for cheating on me, because I really did love her, so everything was a really good for about a week. Then, I found her. . . she slept with one of my closest friends, and you know what was the cherry on top, she was in my shirt. I know that sounds stupid, I mean it's just a shirt. But, like, not only was she getting with one of my best friends, she was wearing one of my shirts, thinking of me. I literally, am not going to lie, I cried, like a baby. She came to my house, about half an hour after I found her, and begged for forgiveness. But, I really couldn't do that to myself again. So, she asked me to give her one more chance, and I had to say no. But, I'm over her. What we had was amazing, but she'll find someone one day, that will be able to keep her contained. I'll find someone who is going to love me unconditionally, and not cheat on me. It'll just take some time for me to find her." He said that and I wanted to jump up and say, 'Me! It's me! I love you like that already!', but I didn't. I didn't want to make him feel to awkward, and ruin the friendship we had just started.

"So, I just opened up to you, now, it's your turn." he said smirking.