Chapter 26-

Enjoy. that is all ;)

============================================================

Chapter 26

After Shadow left me to my thoughts it was only a few minutes and the one of the pack doctors arrived.

“Alpha, how do you feel?” she asked.

“Well, I hurt all over like I’m sitting in an ice storm. You know like my skin is all pins and needles but many thousands of times worse. I have a splitting headache as well,” I told her truthfully.

“Ah, okay. Well while you have been unconscious I have done much research in our wolf archives. It was rather difficult to find anything about your…abilities and the consequences of them. What I did find is that we needed you to stay unconscious for at least two days for your body to recoup before it shut down completely. We gave you sedatives that should have kept you out for two days but you have been out for 5 days total.” The doctor was trying to explain all of this to me but my mind was wondering about my choice in temporary alpha. She got my attention when she started talking about what to do now.

“…So we will have to make sure you are not left alone at anytime. The only time it is okay for you to be semi-alone obviously is when you shower and such. Even then someone will be posted outside your door. This is very serious until you reach your full strength once again. You are quite vulnerable to an attack until then. You are free to physically do whatever you want but all the pack business and stress is to be handed down to someone until further notice. This is the only way we can ensure that you are safe and can protect us. Is this okay with you?” She finished her long freaking speech about how she was limiting me. Ugh! I didn’t like it but I knew she was right. I could feel it in my bones.

“Yeah, whatever the doctor orders is what I will do. Thanks Doc. I really appreciate everything you have done.” I said sincerely.

“Anytime for you my gonja. I already have you to thank for saving my eldest son who was at that party when he wasn’t suppose to be. His name is Greg and I am forever in your debt.” She told me.

I had been in my room for two more days since I awoke. I was feeling some cabin fever literally. Thank goodness the pack decided to throw me a get well soon party in the main pack house just down stairs. It would be all pack members until 10p.m. then we youngens, as they said, will have the run of the house until 1a.m. I need some fun time to take my mind off of everything I should be doing. At least I chose someone who could handle the pack stuff in my absence of being alpha.  

“OMG! We are gonna have a bangin’ time girlie! EEEEEEHHHHH!!!!!” Sandy screeched. Crap that girl could make a person go deaf. We are currently getting ready for the get well alpha party down stairs. She is at the moment shoving me into the hall way bathroom .

“Shower and I will be back to get you in like 15 kk,” she blubbers happily as she walks out the door. I turn and look in the mirror. EWE! My hair is all over and my face is flushed red and my eyes look wild. Maybe a shower and some makeup and a straightener will improve this zombie look I have goin on.

After I showered and was all clean and smelling much better I stepped out of the shower and grabbed a towel and dried off. Wrapping the towel around me I peeked out the door. Surely its been 15 minutes already. Oh well, I will just sit here in the bathroom until she comes after me like she said. The knob on the door turn and I sigh, “finally!,” as the door swung open only to reveal a tall, dark, and handsome devil.