Chapter 33-

Chapter 33

Tiffany POV

Okay, from all of my previous training what have I learned? I have to have something to get me out of this mess. I racked my brain for hours sitting in this room. After thinking about it I came up with a plan. Now if it will just follow through the way I have it planned I will be out of here by supper time. Andrea knocked on the door just before she stepped through. She still doesn’t talk much and she always seems afraid.

“Hello Andrea, how have you been today?” I asked her politely as I was holding the pillow case behind my back. She turned her back on me to place the food tray on the table and before she had a chance to answer I lunged for her. Within 10 seconds I had her hands tied behind her back with the pillowcase. 

“Miss Tiffany what are you doing?!” she cried out.

“Shut up you are gonna get me caught if you keep that up I will have to gag you,” I whispered to her. Her eyes took on a knowing look.

“Gag me,” she said so low I barely made it out. I looked at her bewildered. “Gag me and then they won’t beat me for letting you get away. The key is in the right pocket of my apron. If you make it out please don’t leave me here forever. Please send someone for me,” she begged. I nodded as I took another pillowcase and wrapped around her mouth effectively ceasing our conversation.

I slipped from my room just realizing I don’t know my way around and from the looks of the hallway I am in deep trouble here. It looks like a labyrinth of hallways. Just then I heard footsteps so I ducked into a nearby closet. Two men were walking through.

“Man I am sick of this! We should be attacking NOW. We have the element of surprise in our favor. The Moon Beam pack will be none the wiser and we could slaughter them before morning! Then all of the land would be ours. Everything would be ours!” said one of the men.

The other man just kind of grunted in response at first and then said, “Yeah, but look at it this way if we follow Joanne she will kill Stephan at the time for take over and we will have the entire Moon Beam pack as our slaves and we will have their land. And let me tell ya they have some hot chicks over there and slaves are willing to do anything for a little food or shower. We will be kings man!” the other man told him and they both continued on laughing and scheming.

After they passed I made my way out of the closet and back into the hall. This place was insane. It reminded me of a castle. The walls were made of big stones and there were only runner carpets throughout. The walls were lined with candles. If I wasn’t so scared I would stop to appreciate the beauty of it.

I made it to some sort of foyer as I turned to my left I saw the huge double wooden doors. They were massive at least 8 foot tall. I made my way shakily over to the doors and put the key in the lock and turned. I heard the lock click and looked around to make certain no one else heard it. The door creaked open. I shut it as quietly as I could. No one was out front so the guys I seen must be the guards on duty. I made my way as fast as my legs could carry me to the forest and just as I was about to be out of site of the castle I heard a siren blare.

I cursed under my breath and took off in a dead run. I mustered all the strength I could when I heard them closing in on me. I closed my eyes and lifted myself off of the ground and into the nearest leafy tree. I tried to mask my scent by making the wind blow away from my pursuers. I saw as they ran past the tree I was in Stephan was in the lead yelling at his followers to hurry up and things like they were in for punishment for letting me slip away.

After I could no longer hear them I ran and ran and ran. Nothing looked familiar to me. I was tired and hungry and dying of thirst now. It was starting to get dark when I found a little stream of water. As I looked up Sarah was there with me.

“Thank God you are here. What am I going to do?” I asked her in a panicky voice.

“We are going to lead Dylan to you now that I have found you. Please be careful the others are looking for you and they will not give up. I am going to Dylan and I need you to stay put and hide if the others come back this way. Some of them are worse than Stephan and won’t hesitate to kill you if they find you for the trouble they feel you caused them,” she said.

“Okay, just please hurry,” I begged.

Dylan POV

I was back onto the search for Tiffany. I was running through the Silver Chalice pack territory when I felt a cold breeze run through my body. Then in my mind something told me to stop running and go back for a car. What the hell I am losing my mind but I figured I might as well go all the way. I ran back to the headquarters and told them I was going to take a car and anyone that wanted could go with me.

Several of the guys including Jonathon came with me. I pulled the car over when the thing in my head told me to. This isn’t even wolf country out here. This is purely human domain. Stephan wouldn’t be stupid enough to do something like this without wolf protection. The only wolves out here are rogues. But that feeling in my head told me to run and run fast so I did. My men followed.

We ran for about an hour when I heard a scream and I knew it was Tiffany and my legs carried me faster than I thought was wolf possible.

====================================================

DUN DUN DUN!!!