Chapter 17-Death and Transformation...

Chapter 17

He had moved so fast and with such anger that it caught me completely off guard. He had grabbed me with my hands above my head and he was lying on top of me crushing me with his weight. His face was crimson red and he was shaking profusely. “YOU ARE MY MATE. HE WILL NEVER TOUCH YOU SEXUALLY AGAIN. DO YOU HEAR ME!! DO YOU?!” He was screaming in my face. It was terrifying because he was so close to me. I just stared at him because he was already so angry I was afraid he might hurt me. He took some deep breaths but never moving an inch. “Tiffany, I cannot be expected to hear about another man touching you when you were always meant to be mine. It kills me inside to know that he has had his hands all over you. I don’t know if I will be able to let him live if you continue to defy me and fate. I know you let him take your V card. It was meant for me and you can never give that to me now. It will be difficult to move past all of this. But the love of a mate…scratch that…the love of a true mate is enough to overcome anything.” What was he saying? If I don’t agree to be with him he will have Rodney killed.

          “I c-can’t breathe Dylan.”He raised himself where I could no longer feel his weight but he stayed on top of me. His strong hand was leaving bruises on my wrists. “If you promise not to hurt Rodney in any way I will agree to do whatever you want. But don’t expect me to like it or you.” By the time I finished sealing my fate the tears were pouring out of my eyes like a waterfall. Now I hated Dylan. I hated him for forcing me to be with him. But he can’t force love! Love is intrinsic. It just is. Rodney will always have my love no matter where life takes us.

          “I know you don’t like the way things are at the moment but some day you will love me as much as I love you. That’s a promise. I will prove to you that Rodney isn’t who he has been pretending to be with you. I may not be as great as he has been pretending he is. But I am real and I love you more than any man ever could.” Pfft. Him loves me. Yeah right that’s why I found him in another woman’s arms after he almost took my V card, as he put it.

          “Really, I must not be very lovable then. Because as I remember it the first night we made out and you almost took my virginity I came out of your room to find you in another woman’s arms quite cozy as I remember it! I may have to be with you but don’t expect it to be happily ever after because I hate your ass. And that my dear “mate” will not ever change!” As I was chewing him a new one there was a knock on the door.

          “Go away!” Dylan shouted at the door.

          “It’s Rodney he is awake. Just thought you would want to know he has been asking for her.” The voice on the other side said. That’s all it took for me to be on my feet and at the door. I swung the door open to a surprised young man. His eyes traveled down my body in appreciation. Dang! I forgot I am still in these little pjs.

“Check your eyes Daniel before I black them for you!” Dylan said as I pushed the hormonal teenager out of my way.

I ran down the hall to where Rodney was waiting for me. There he was sitting up and awake. Thank heavens for this guy he is my reason for living. “Tiff, oh my God it is so good to see your face!” he exclaimed.

 I went to his bedside and hugged him easily so as not to hurt him further. “Rodney, I was so scared that you had left me for good.” He heard the double meaning behind my statement.

“Tiffany Ann, I would never leave you by choice. The only way I will leave you is when they drag my cold dead body away from your side.” He said all of this with so much conviction it made my face pale. I had made a deal with Dylan. Rodney was going to be devastated by my decision. I won’t tell him until he is better.