Chapter-38

Chapter 38

Tiff pov

What on earth did she mean by she is only one. No one other than her little crew has tried to hurt us. She only had her guards because they were also under her witches’ spell. It makes me wonder was she only trying to avenge her mother or does she work for someone else? There is so much to this paranormal stuff that I don’t know and neither does most everyone because it’s been so long since there has been a gonja. Shadow is the most helpful but even he doesn’t have all the answers I seek. I need to focus on how to protect us just in case of Joanne’s threat being truthful that there are more than just her that wants to get to and destroy us. My thoughts were cut short by a hand on the small of my back. I looked to my side to see Dylan looking at me with softness in his dark blue ocean eyes. We were walking in the hallway going to our room.

“I want to make you mine Tiffany. I want to do so as soon as possible because I never want anyone to be able to split us up again,” he said as he stopped me and held both of my hands in his as he bent down on one knee. My heart seemed to be stuck in my throat at his bold action. My heart was beating like the wings of a humming bird. My face felt hot with the deep blush that ran from my chest to my forehead. He looked into my eyes with his stormy ocean ones.

“Will you marry me Tiffany Ann Warrenson?” He asked waiting on bended knee in the hallway. The people buzzing around the house all stopped to stare at us awaiting my answer. Tears started to fill my eyes at his unexpected question.

“Yes,” I whispered but he heard and jumped up from bended knee to grab me into a bear hug and spin me around off of my feet. He lowered my feet back to the ground and kissed me, it was a sweet, short kiss that made a girl want more of his full pink cupid’s bow lips. He turned to the onlookers with a grin plastered on his perfectly tanned face.

“Did you hear that folks? She said she would marry me!” he exclaimed.

“Yes, she did and now I think it’s high time you take me to bed, Alpha,” I said soft enough only for his ears. He growled in response but shocked me by shaking his head. I lowered my head from the rejection of my mate. He grabbed my chin in his hand and lifted my face gently so he could look into my eyes.

“This time I am going to do what's right. No more of the antics from before. I will not sleep with you until we are married…the way it’s supposed to be, honey,” he said in a tender tone. I was utterly shocked at his revelation. It was so sweet I had to smile but behind that smile was a challenge. We shall see how long he can resist the temptation of his mate, his fiancé. I was laughing internally when his words brought me back to reality.

“What thoughts are going through that head of yours little girl?” he asked.

“Oh, nothing really just thinking how sweet what you just said was and how you will never be able to stand firm with that decision,” I said as my eyes raked his body unabashed and I couldn’t help but giggle at my sentence filled with a double meaning.

“Really now, I am alpha here and I am quite strong and my will power is second to none. Challenging the Alpha is not smart for any pack member, even my mate,” He said but his voice was rough with the strain at what my challenge might entail and I knew it so I just smiled sweetly at him and whispered into his ear letting my hot breath rush into his ear, “Game on Alpha!” Then I made a run for it and could hear his quick paced footsteps right behind me. I made it to my door and slammed it and locked it. I could hear his hearty chuckles from the other side of the door while my smile was that of the Cheshire cat.

“You do know as Alpha I have keys to all the rooms in this house, ESPECIALLY my room,” he said between his hearty laughter. But instead of opening the door I heard his retreating footsteps as I caught a few of his words. He said something about stubborn sexy mate.

After all the excitement of the day I went to finally relax in a bathtub full of bubbles. After an hour my water had went from skin melting to shivering cold so I got out and dried off, brushed my teeth and went to bed. I woke with a cold sweat from the nightmare I had.

Joanne had come back and had killed most of my pack while I was side tracked by the wedding plans. I shook my head and went for a cold shower. Remembering the Game my mate and I were playing I decided to dress a little more feminine than I normally would. I had already talked to shadow and the guards as well as the security that runs patrols. Making them all aware of possible dangers from Joanne’s warning of there being others.

Knowing that Dylan was most likely in the kitchen having some breakfast I decided to play with him just a bit. On my way to the kitchen I ran into Stewart one of the housekeepers and I told him if he would clear everyone except the Alpha from the kitchen he could have the rest of the day off with pay. He was all too willing to follow my instructions. Less than two minutes later everyone filed out of the kitchen past me where I lie in waiting. I almost gave myself away by giggling but I managed to hold it in. I cannot wait until he sees me in my short blue jean miniskirt that has tears on the front and back. My shirt is sheer white gauzy with a tight white tank top underneath.

I straightened my back and walked into the kitchen like it was nothing. I so want to look at his expression but I don’t want to give myself away just yet. As I stroll into the kitchen past the table where he sits, I now have my back to him. CRASH, clank, which must have been his drinking glass crashing on the floor. Just at the moment I heard the clattering I took the opportunity to bend over to get something from the bottom shelf of the refrigerator. All I heard was, “What the F…” then I was crushed into the counter beside the fridge. My back was crushed into a soft, firm wall of muscles that I could feel bunching with tension.

“Why are you doing this?” He whispered into my ear his scorching breath sending flames from one end of my body to the other end all at once. His excitement was evident from the pressure on my back. Since he couldn't see my face my eyes bulged with the effort of trying to hold back the laughter at his eagerness.

===============================================

Well...whatcha think about that Tiff has antics of her own...